Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

liverpool V junventus and chelsea V bayern Munich thread (may contain scores)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its decided already

Chelsea - Liverpool/Juventus

AC Milan - PSV/Lyon

Mike.

from bbc
    Juventus striker David Trezeguet has failed to shake off an ankle injury and will not play but Brazilian midfielder Emerson is fit and available.

Alessio Tacchinardi is suspended and French right-back Jonathan Zebina has a thigh injury and should be replaced by Gianluca Pessotto.

Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will take Trezeguet's place in attack alongside Alessandro del Piero

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Does anyone think that AC Milan won't beat PSV/Lyon?

Its gona be them in the final vs. Chelsea/Juve/Liverpool
    Chelsea would face a real test against Juve, but I feel that against Liverpool they might be able to just overrun them. Especially since the title I think will be theres by then if their run keeps going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

If Chelsea's luck holds, like it did tonight, I can't see anybody beating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Duff has been having a terrible (calender) year so far. The worst since he was playing in division 1 imo. He not only needs a rest but his confidence is f*cked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just watched the highlights of the Inter - Milan game. Absoleutly horrific behaviour by the fans. Dida was pelted with bottles, coins, umbrellas and finalyl was hit in the shoulder/lower neck with a flare and then showered in flares. Missiles continued to rain down. Ref broug hthe teams off and then back on. Seconds later they throw more missiles and flares at the sub keeper. Game is rightly abandoned and will more than likely be awarded to AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:
    Does anyone think that AC Milan won't beat PSV/Lyon?

no, after last year they wont mess up again.

Form what I've seen of the inter/AC match, the referee has made some awful decisions, schevchenko should have been off after 2 minutes for a headbutt off the ball, and inter had 2 decent claims for penalty's turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He ruled out a good goal for Inter alright but regardless the reaction from the stands was undefendable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

the inter vs milan match was sickening to watch absoloutely disgraceful.

and tomorrow the worst is to come,as holigans who dont even support juve will be going to turin to cause trouble.

i hope inter have their next 3 uefa games behind closed doors

That was absolutely disgraceful from the Inter fans. After the trouble at Roma earlier in the season uefa have to come down very hard on the italian clubs now. How are fans allowed to bring flares into grounds in the first place?

For those who missed it

Flare hits Dida

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bayern fans deserved a goal constantly singin for the entire game thought for most of it Chelsea were in control, turned it off at 2-1 but Chelsea were far better with and especially without the ball.

Bayern fans were superb tho, remember them outsinging Man Utd at OT in english, not hard but the english rendition of "your supposed to be at home" was classy.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm delighted, it was a very nervy second half but just about did enough, I thought Ricky C and J Cole were superb, Cole not in an attacking sense but defensively excellent.
    I would have rested Duffer against B'gham cause he didn't really get into at all tonight, Drogba as the lone striker did well but on a couple of occassions when you thought he was through the defender got back.
    Congrats Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

yes congrats chelsea, great preformance. Now we need liverpool to do the same tonight.
    Hope inter get banned from planning in their ground now as punishment as that was disgracefull last night.
    Not good for tonight as some hardcore juventus fans have promised to pay us back for heysel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Chelsea, their luck is still in there and as us United fans know you need plenty of luck to win the CL, but if they come up against a really stout defence AKA Milan then they will find it very difficult.
    I think Sheva has ruled himself out of semi and final with that disgraceful headbutt.

Inter fans are a disgrace, I fear there will be a repeat tonite in Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

yop wrote:
    Inter fans are a disgrace, I fear there will be a repeat tonite in Turin.
    Luckily the crowd in Turin is further from the pitch and I don't think the stand is banked so steeply, having said that I'll (hopefully) breath a sigh of relief when this one is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

only a few hours to go till the match, i knock off at eight here then off to the pub to see the match. Come on the pool.
    I rate our chances considering we werent even expecting to win against juventus last week. Wonder will alonso play a part surely he has too.

Advertisement