Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the latest rooney scandal/gossip/lies

• 12-04-2005 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

slowly but surely hes turning into gazza

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_149182.shtml

'Rooney slapped Coleen in nightclub'
    Tuesday April 12 2005

Wayne Rooney slapped fiancee Coleen McLoughlin in the face in a nightclub bust-up, says The Sun.

They claim that the England and Manchester United striker had to be restrained by teammates during the argument in a Cheshire nightclub.

Rooney apparently grabbed the 18-year-old by the hair and slapped her across the face in the VIP section of Alderley Edge nightclub Brasingamens.

It seems he was unhappy that his fiancee and some of her friends turned up at the same place as him and teammates Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand and Roy Carroll.

A 'businessman' who witnessed the incident has made a sworn legal statement to The Sun and said: "They began to have heated words - you could see they were having an argument.

"Then he hit her in the face - it was a slap. One of Rooney's teammates got hold of him and dragged him off to the balcony.

"Coleen was crying and her mates took her outside. It took place right in front of me and it was a proper open-handed slap."

Another witness said: "He'd been sniping at Coleen. Then he grabbed her by the hair and slapped her."

Rooney was last month accused by student Patrick Hanrahan of punching him in the head three times in a Manchester nightclub, though he later withdrew his police complaint.

He has also hit the headlines for using prostitutes, includeing a 48-year-old gran known as the Auld Slapper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

rooney is a fool if you ask me.What kind of a man hits his own girlfriend and pays "grannies" for sex. Hes no better than a thug.Alex should take him aside and tell him to cop on. Very foolish and a great example to the young Utd fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

More tabloid rubbish tbh!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Unfortunately being a footballing genius is no garuntee of not being a complete scumbag and I don't know if Rooney is going to stay out of trouble long enough to justify United fee. I hope that Fergie and age will cop him on but the money may ruin him before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

rooney's behaviour on the pitch certainly betrays a bad temprament and inability to control himself. Nevertheless, it would take a lot of convincing for me to believe stuff printed in a tabloid. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Although a great player, if slighty over rated by British press, his temperment is dodgy to say the least. He is still very young and has missed out on things that young boys do, hes in a man world now and seems to be finding it difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

As a Liverpool fan its kills me to say this but

Innocent until proven guilty? The last time the Sun ran a story like this about him hitting someone in a club it was bollox.

The Sun as a news paper is full of crap anyway, lying filthy shiity rag

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

BolBill wrote:
    slighty over rated by British press

I don't think he is over-rated, the guy is an incredible talent, and thats all they seem to say.

This tabloid rubbish annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Indeed. As much as Rooney seems intent on making himself look like and idiot, this is the Scum we're talking about and anything they print should be treated as lies unless otherwise proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cant belive people still buy that rag, about Rooneys talent all i can say is the fat podgy git has the unerring ability to get a shot in. Assuming he stays with man utd for a while he will be one of the best english players ever.

Watch him on playercam if you have Sky, amazing ability to simply get a shot in.

kdjac

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

says The Sun.

Nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Rooney's a Scumbag alright, but if the Sun were to say the same I'd begin to doubt it.
    He's a great player and there's no doubt about that. I don't think the British Press over-rate him though, they're too busy at that with Beckham.
    I think Ferguson needs to do a bit more to reign him in though. He gets himself into silly situations because he can't keep his cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Wayne Rooney slapped fiancee Coleen McLoughlin in the face in a nightclub bust-up, says The Sun.

It was at that point I stopped reading.

How do these people have any credibility whatsoever anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BaZmO* wrote:
    More tabloid rubbish tbh!

B.
    i agree

but im going to defend Ronney here

iv seen him in matches recently he has cooled down alot doesnt go beserk at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DOnt agree. He wont cool down until hes in his 30s probaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't want him to cool down, I want the passion.

This is great, the English media have build Rooney up as 'the next pele', and they were hoping he'd do a gazza and **** it up himself, by becoming arrogant and announcing something as his final :)
    But so far he has kept his cool, and I guess the sun are just trying to put in the seeds of doubt so they can knock him down. I hope he sues them, I'd really like to see that.
    The first one was just utterly made up, and if this one turns out to be, he must have a case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

that If it turn out to be, nothing would suprise me with rooney.

How was the first one made up? i didnt hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hard to say if its all believeable in the tabloids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It was literally made up, and the guy went to the police station with the news reporter! Then he dropped the claim, assumably after getting his pay out from the sun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

If its in the sun it must be true so. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I don't think he is over-rated, the guy is an incredible talent, and thats all they seem to say.

This tabloid rubbish annoys me.

Hes the best player in the world according to some tabloids. Anyway, we agree on the tabloids, complete rubbish, story is probably just a rake of lies like the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

He certainly wasn't cooled down during the Norwich match last weekend. He was effing at the ref as normal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

d22ontour wrote:
    If its in the sun it must be true so. :rolleyes:
    the sun is always right :rolleyes:

and Ronney was bad at Norwich but i still think he has improved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Rooney is a class player actually I take that back. He is a class boy cos that is all he and Ronaldo are...kids.

Advertisement