Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing..

Options
  • 12-04-2005 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, anyone have any experience trying to soundproof the adjoining wall of a semi-d?
    Ideas of cost, can you DIY, etc?
    Damn noisy neighbours.... :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Try here Greebo,

http://www.sound-proof-me.com/

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cheers, awaiting a quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Let us know how much the quote comes in at. I need to work out if its cheaper to soundproof or take out a hit on my neighbours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Sound proofing plaster board, stick it to the wall , done and dusted.
    Competent diy project,

http://www.moyisover.ie/calibel.htm

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

GreeBo wrote:

Let us know how much it costs GreeBo, hopefully its not too dear, or else I'm changing to plan B: letting the dog at MR I HAVE SURROUND SOUND next door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭depadz

GreeBo wrote:

Hi greebo,

did you ever get a quote back from this crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

depadz wrote:
    Hi greebo,

did you ever get a quote back from this crowd?
    Nope, never heard another word from them... :(

letting the dog at MR I HAVE SURROUND SOUND next door

Can I borrow your dog to let loose on "Mr I Love blasting ****e 90s Girly House but I'm not gay honest" next door when he's through with your surround sound neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Great, when your finished can I take him for "Miss Ratpack CD at obscenely loud levels same time every Saturday and whining midget dogs every day non stop" neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tupelo

I've just moved in to a new house in Lusk Village and i'm less than impressed with the sound proofing between myself and my neighbour who has decided that sanding all the floors upstairs is handy alternative to sound reducing carpets!!! :mad:

So my question is... Has anyone actually done any sound proofing, I have been reading a number of articles and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information regarding the possible solutions. I'd move except that the move I have just completed was a total nightmare and either myself or my other half would be up for murder if we had to go through it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Tupelo,

Yes we have done our share of sound proofing, however for domestic purposes maybe you could talk to your neighbours about soundproofing first.

The reasons being the loss of room size in your house and if both houses are soundproofed the thickness required will be a lot less and so will the cost.

Getting a cost this week, I'll post it up when I have details.

Advertisement