Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCPoker and PPP on the same PC?

Options
  • 12-04-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

:confused: Is there any conflict having these two clients installed and running on the same PC? They are both Tribeca clients so is the software the same? Anyone have any first hand experience with this? There was talk of being able to move accounts. What's that all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Wombatman wrote:
    :confused: Is there any conflict having these two clients installed and running on the same PC? They are both Tribeca clients so is the software the same? Anyone have any first hand experience with this? There was talk of being able to move accounts. What's that all about?

Do PPP and VC share the same tables? If they do then you probably can't run the two clinest side by side. You get the same issue with Empire and Party. Actually I have noticed that even sites that are not linked can conflict with eachother, particualry Absolute Poker. The only other site I seem to be able to run smoothly while Absolute is open is Pokerstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

i have both installed and an account on both. no problems at all. the software is different, just based on the same.

you need to contact PPP support if you already have a VC account and wish to use your login on PPP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

karlh wrote:
    i have both installed and an account on both. no problems at all. the software is different, just based on the same.

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

karlh wrote:

you need to contact PPP support if you already have a VC account and wish to use your login on PPP.

Can you paly at the same tables with the two accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

i doubt it, never tried though. they do share tables so it wouldn't make sense if you could. sure the IP would cause issues.

imagine raising yourself with the nuts to add value to the pot for others to come along.

i think i little pee just came out, Dev style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No you can't open both at the same time. But you can have both installed and open either one no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Right. Here is your answer(s) You may have both VC and PPP poker clients on your PC. If you are an existing customer of VC/PPP you would need to have your account unlocked from the Tribeca network (this is set up to stop people from attempting to set up duplicate accounts with any one site). You cannot open two instances of the network on one pc. IE if you have PPP open you will be unable to open VC at the same time.. thusly you cannot play on both at once. You also cannot enter the same table as someone on the same IP address this is blocked. Meaning playing on lap top and PC on two sepearate sites within the network on same IP address cannot occur. Does this answer all questions?

I have a question.. why when I am editing my not at all infrequent typo's do I get HTML type coding at the end on boards? Hmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think it's for logging the time of your edit as then displayed in your post. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Right. Here is your answer(s) You may have both VC and PPP poker clients on your PC. If you are an existing customer of VC/PPP you would need to have your account unlocked from the Tribeca network (this is set up to stop people from attempting to set up duplicate accounts with any one site).

how do i go about doing this
    mailed PPP a couple of times in the last few weeks but got nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Just ping the manager when you load up the software and they'll unlock so you can go make a real money account.

• Advertisement

biteme wrote:
    how do i go about doing this
    mailed PPP a couple of times in the last few weeks but got nothing back
    email address is poker@paddypower.com we have not received any mails from you are you using the correct address? Having said that Dapper is correct it would be much quicker just to Ping a manager for live help

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

mail sent

can't remember what mail address it was. twas the one on the web
    but i don't think it was the one above

Got it.. answer is this. We cannot unlock your VC account. You need to register for PPP and then give me that user name. That is the one we will unlock enabling you to proceed to set up real money account
    cheers... By the way guys I am away for two weeks from Thursday on so please dont think me rude for not responding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

karlh wrote:
    i doubt it, never tried though. they do share tables so it wouldn't make sense if you could. sure the IP would cause issues.

imagine raising yourself with the nuts to add value to the pot for others to come along.

i think i little pee just came out, Dev style.

Now thats funny.

Advertisement