Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying from UK?

• 12-04-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

If I bought a wireless modem/router from Dabs or Scan would it work here in Ireland for Clicksilver? Sorry if this is a no-brainer :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Ya no problems, i bought a DLink kit from Dabs, works perfect but their delivery is crap. It was ordered on the 10th of December as a Christmas present, and didn't arrive until the end of Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Jesus :eek: that's a bit of a wait, thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Christmas is always a bad time for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

and if you'll search boards for Dabs, you'll see lots of complaints that when things go wrong, they go very wrong.

Shop around for your choice of modem/router .. I know when I did http://www.dsl-warehouse.ie/ and http://www.expansys.ie/d_ethernet.asp were both a lot cheaper (after delivery) than Dabs, and Komplett.ie just hadn't a great range at the time.

.cg

If I bought a wireless modem/router from Dabs or Scan would it work here in Ireland for Clicksilver? Sorry if this is a no-brainer :D

Do you have a modem already? If so is it ethernet or USB? Any DSL/Wireless AP should work here no probs. Carefull what you buy as alot of "Wireless Broadband Routers" don't have mdems built in. If you have a modem that has ethernet already then you don't need anything other then a Wireless AP.

Im assuming Clicksilver is DSL btw :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I have a usb modem from UTV but have opted for a 3COM all in one wireless modem/router with usb receiver thingy from dabs.
    Total cost inc. delivery is 105 euro, is this good?

I'm guessing this will be a lot less hassle to set up than a modem and router?

And you sure it has a modem? I just bought a couple of 3Com wireless routers from Komplett (No modems) and there actually very good bits of kit. I upgraded to the latest firmware and it has a **** load of features including a full firewall that can block outgoing as well as incoming trafic and a content filter which can block websites by catogory. Have to say I was very impressed and all for €80.

Same hassle to set up either way as its the same settings either way but its better to have modem and everything in one device just from an ease of managment and less cables around the place and less plugs used up.

Ok I opted for the Belkin bundle as mentioned on the Bargain alerts board a few days ago. It's a DSL Modem and wireless router in 1 and comes with a free USB adapter, got it in PC World today for €99 :)

Going to try and set it up tonight, anyone know the settings off hand for Clicksilver?

Advertisement