Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Night in Waterford City

• 12-04-2005 1:51pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good pubs for a Stag Night in Waterford City? There'll be 26 of us. Do you think we'll have a problem getting into places etc? We're not louts or anything close so it's not going to be like a typcial English Temple Bar stag party :) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

26, ****ing hell. You'd be doing well.

Guess it would have to be bigger, trendier pubs like Masons, Revolution, Plan B (used to be flashes), Muldoons or Geoffs. (though it's always full)

You shouldn't have any hastle unless yer ****in' around and acting mobish. Go in in smaller groups maybe to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

To be honest Geoffs would be an awful location for a Stag night cause you'd be spread out all over the shop and there's no TVs or DJs so no atmosphere. I think somewhere roomy like Revolution or maybe Masons. I know Revolution do food all night so that could be a plus...Im raking my brains to think of somewhere suitable in the town but I really don't think there's anywhere else. Revolution and onto Muldoons or Rubys would probably be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Downes on Thomas Street. Plenty of atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Good pub alright but could they host 26 people??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

thanks Lads. At least it sounds like there are plenty of options. We're staying in the Quality Hotel. Are any of these recommended pubs near there?

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    To be honest Geoffs would be an awful location for a Stag night cause you'd be spread out all over the shop and there's no TVs or DJs so no atmosphere.

It depends on what you are looking for, I suppose. But I think that Geoffs is probably just about large enough now given the extension out the back. I'm sure it's still packed on the weekends though.

LFCFan wrote:
    thanks Lads. At least it sounds like there are plenty of options. We're staying in the Quality Hotel. Are any of these recommended pubs near there?

Nearly all of the mentioned pubs are about 5 minutes away. The quality hotel is down on scotch quay; you walk away from the river toward the park, onto William street, take a right, keep going till you get to a wide street, called the Mall, take a left, and keep going till you reach 'the junction'. You'll know this area since most of the pubs, nightclubs, chippers, etc. are there. Masons, Muldoons/Oxygen, Rubys, Revolution, Geoffs and the Kazbar are all either there or close bye. The Kazbar might be large enough as well actually...

Maybe even the Wacky Apple if they still have an upstairs - haven't been in there since it was the rogue. (they should be shot for the new name)

we're having dinner in the hotel and will be hitting the bars around 9 I'd say. Hopefully it won't be too busy by then? Are all these bars you've mentioned late bars? If not which ones are? I suppose we always have the residents bar in the hotel for later on :)

ps. is it true there is only 1 lapdance club in Waterford and it only opens on a Monday?

LFCFan wrote:
    we're having dinner in the hotel and will be hitting the bars around 9 I'd say. Hopefully it won't be too busy by then? Are all these bars you've mentioned late bars? If not which ones are? I suppose we always have the residents bar in the hotel for later on :)

ps. is it true there is only 1 lapdance club in Waterford and it only opens on a Monday?

Due to vagaries of the local scene, i.e. most clubs/pubs being owned by a small number of people, most of the aforementioned pubs close at the usual time to facilitate people moving on to the nightclubs. (owned by the same guys) If you don't want to move, Muldoons bar is attached to the Oxygen nightclub.

Other nightclubs are:
    Ruby's
    Shefflins (a live music venue)
    Axis Mundi
    Ulysses (more of a late bar, small for a nightclub - but free!)
    The Forum (other end of town)

All of them have their pros and cons. ;) I prefer Ruby's personally, although I haven't been in Oxygen.

As for lapdancing, there are no clubs that I know of. I think the forum had lapdancing one night a week there at one stage, but I don't think it became a permanent fixture. Considering how dodgy lap dancing is in this country, it's probably a blessing that it hasn't come to Waterford.

Thanks Merlante. Some useful info there. Muldoons and Oxygen sounds like it may be a good plan so we don't have to split up again between bar and club. I guess we'll see on the night.

Agree about the lapdancing. In theory, they should be a laugh etc etc but the way they are run in Ireland makes then very dodgy places to go.

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote:
    Thanks Merlante. Some useful info there. Muldoons and Oxygen sounds like it may be a good plan so we don't have to split up again between bar and club. I guess we'll see on the night.

Agree about the lapdancing. In theory, they should be a laugh etc etc but the way they are run in Ireland makes then very dodgy places to go.

Okay, enjoy yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Id recommend Masons , I think Geoffs would be bad because its a bit badly laid out for something like that , Masons is nice and spacious , its a good craic with a crowd too and followed by Oxygen for the yummy mud shakes !!Aww i wanna go out now :(

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Id recommend Masons , I think Geoffs would be bad because its a bit badly laid out for something like that , Masons is nice and spacious , its a good craic with a crowd too and followed by Oxygen for the yummy mud shakes !!Aww i wanna go out now :(
    cool. wherever we go, I probably won't remember too much of it afterwards :)

Oh man you`ve got to have the mudshakes in Oxygen , they are yummy!!!strawberry and chocolate mmmmmmmmm.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Oh man you`ve got to have the mudshakes in Oxygen , they are yummy!!!strawberry and chocolate mmmmmmmmm.
    they sound expensive :) If we end up there I'm sure there will be some sampling done :D

I cant remeber really I think they were 5e but a freind bought ours, mmm have one go halves or something m there worth it :)

Thanks for all the recommendations lads. We had a great night. We started with dinner in the hotel (Quality Hotel). We then went to Geoffs after a recommendation from the hotel. It was way too packed in there so we went across the road to Kazbar. Much better in there and even got seats. After this the night becomes a bit of a blur :) but I know I ended up in 10 with most of the stag party, some of the lads ended up in Muldoons and some in Rubys. First time I've ever been to Waterford and I like it. Good spot!! Drove around for ages on Sunday morning looking for MacDonalds (their milkshakes are the ultimate hangover cure). Found it eventually :)

Good stuff. :)

How were the respective nightclubbing experiences?

merlante wrote:
    Good stuff. :)

How were the respective nightclubbing experiences?

Well, I was in 10 and from what I can remember, it was a good spot. I heard no complaints from any of the other lads so I guess they were all happy with wherever they ended up.

Hey did ye get the mudshakes?

• Advertisement

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Hey did ye get the mudshakes?

To be honest, If I did, I don't remember :) I was soooo wasted. Everytime my drink was nearly gone, someone else was handing me one and everyone was different. How my liver survived, I'll never know :)

Ha sounds like twas a great night out so :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

has anyone done surfing for a stage party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I really hope your banned/slapped for dragging up a ridiculously old thread

Advertisement