Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nip/tuck Finale.

• 12-04-2005 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Did anyone else watch the final episode of Nip/Tuck season two last night on TG4. It was an amazing hour of television, with the last five minutes stunning to the extreme. Still in really bad taste though. Gotta love it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Having missed most of the series, i have to say i really enjoyed it anyway. I hate it when tv shows end on cliffhangers, which suprised me, because the first series didn't really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

it was amazing.really only got into nip/tuck about a month ago but i think its really good.does anyone know when it starts up again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

00Nothing wrote:
    Did anyone else watch the final episode of Nip/Tuck season two last night on TG4. It was an amazing hour of television, with the last five minutes stunning to the extreme. Still in really bad taste though. Gotta love it.

Loved It!!!!!! x el ent programme. Have watched this from day 1, and TG4 way ahead of sky 1. take a bow TG4. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 00Nothing

djpaul wrote:
    Loved It!!!!!! x el ent programme. Have watched this from day 1, and TG4 way ahead of sky 1. take a bow TG4. :)

Have to agree with you there. TG4 are certainly the best Irish broadcaster as far as their treatment of American programming goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

yea, that monday night slot is really great.i even found myself watching "paisean faisean" in between the oc and nip/tuck. well done tg4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FBSinead

Does anyone know when its repeated on sky 1?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The new season in the US seems to be on in September so it could be year before TG4 air it.

Quite enjoyed the finale - didn't see the end coming and liked it. TBH, when Adrian went shopping for the knife I assumed it was him who was the Slasher. Nice to be wrong. I loved the way the Eva/Adrian story went - utterly and completely f*cked up! Deliciously so!

It's repeated on TG4 on Thursday at 22:55. Sky One will take a few weeks before they air it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

I thought it was just brilliant. that show just gets better and better. thank god i wasnt all about matt and ava coz that would have drove me mad. thought the ava storyline was quiet good. great to see alec baldwin guess star. not a big fan of joan Rivers but was funny.

it class that it ended on such a cliff hanger.last year didnt at all except for matt's paternity but that was pretty obvious.can you belive it....Christian!OH MY GOD WAS NEARLY IN TEARS!!

its great the next season ahead with all the stories. i mean the carver story isnt finished, christian, sean and julia, matt and that one he ran over in the first season! oooo i dont think i can wait a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great finale...Ava is a man? did anyone see that coming? that was one messed up storyline,but still great tv. lol Matt sure will be messed up if he ever finds out. The ending was cool,didnt see it coming either,i thought he was in Sean's house.

TG4 are great,they got their act together this year as SkyOne had shown all of season 1 before TG4 even showed it.

But this year they have The OC(which is only ok-anyone see the spiderman skit?lol), Without a Trace(Great Show), Nip/Tuck,Cold Case,Carnivale season 2 next week.

it was so funny coz you know when christian and ava are bout to go at it on the couch and he puts his manhood inside her then leaves, we all thought he was just being a tease but then when he walked into sean and said ava's a man it was classic!

you know when she is bout to be operated on aswell and he said something about her not being deep enough for him. so funny!

what do people reckon could be the opening episode next season.

maybe sean was only dreaming bout christian being attacked. throughout the whole episode last night he was talking to escabar so possibility!

maybe the cops were keeping an eye on christians place aswell and are just about to walk in!

Wonder who the Carver actually is?

Me and all the mates has absolute neat in memory of Christian last night!!!

• Advertisement

Ummm Id doubt it was a dream since he was awake waiting with the gun and also it would be pretty stupid and I dont think the standards of Nip/Tuck would do something like that.

Also,anyone catch the X-Men/Jean Gray reference? Julia saying Ava will rise from the ashes like a Pheonix. I thought that was clever and funny.

yeah the Xmen 2 thing was class. funny. the writing of the show is savage really.

yeah dream prob not an option. my mind is all over the place really as it was such a good ending.

i was hoping matt would go away!

Adrian storyline was freaky but good. liked alec baldwins role aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

sky1 and tg4 have only a week in the difference

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

callumk wrote:
    sky1 and tg4 have only a week in the difference
    That doesn't sound right. Looking at www.entertainment.ie, I make this Sunday's episode of "Nip/Tuck" to be "Natasha Charles", which is 2x11. Network 2 just showed "Joan Rivers", which is 2x16. That's over 5 weeks behind, which makes sense given Sky One started weeks after TG4 and TG4 never took a break.
    Maybe you're thinking of "Cold Case" - they're only a week behind there.

Ye Sky are only a week behind TG4 for Cold Case,but they are several weeks behind for Nip/Tuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

last nites ep was brilliant. when Christian was doing his thing with ava and then just stopped. i just thought he felt guilty doing his sons girlfriend and i couldnt believe it when he said to sean ava is a man. that was alittle much but still brilliant.

I also thought that Adrian was Carver and i didnt see that coming when he stabbed himself.

I thought it was going to be another happy happy ending in nip/tuck when sean was about to shoot the Carver but i nearly died when he turned up in Christians house, great tv.

well, season 2 is out on DVD in june and that is one i have to get....along with season 1. :o

And lets hope......Kimber is back in season 3.....ah the love of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

What a traumatic evenings viewing!! Really enjoyed it - getting the feeling that Jude is the Carver.

My missus was distraught after it - I ended up having to drive over to my mams and get on the internet to find out what happened, not that there was much to find out... :D
    From the snooping I have done, it would appear Christian survives, no word on how much of his face is remaining though! I reckon someone will burst in before the Carver does too much damage though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I hated this programme at first, now it's just what Monday nights are all about....!

Loved the bit where Escobar pumps out the Gary Numan, Cars classic! :D "Now thats my type of music"!!!!!

yeah Cars was just brilliant. thought "Wild Horses" by the Stones was good aswell.

Thought in the first season when they were on the way over to the hotel in the car where Escobar had one of the girls with the heroin in her breast and they were playing "Sunglasses at night"= so cool! 80's music rocks!

Rocket man by elton john when Megan is killing herself is brilliant aswell!

there is a savage soundtrack to Nip/Tuck but they didnt put much of the class songs on the actual soundtrack they released as an album

My god good thinking kdevitt about Jude...forgot about that little fairy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

I thought the guy that played Adrian was Brillent...pity he's dead!

....Take it Joan Rivers was meant to be the comic relief in the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Great viewing. The writers built it up so well and had you convinced it would be a good ending, only for that to happen. Nip/Tuck is just miles ahead of the competition in terms of brilliance. The writing is so wonderfully dark and witty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I might have to start following that show - very dark, witty, somehow gets away with the melodramatic twists.

yes simu its class. think christians quotes are just priceless and yet there is always the serious element to it! savage TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

NO!!!!! I didn't realize that that was the last one!!! Why God why!!

That ending was phenonemal though.. The tear rolling down Christians face was very moving and really REALLY captured the moment, you almost felt like you were in the room and you couldn't do anything to help.

Also i have to say, last weeks episode, when the slasher guy first shows up when Sean is in the shower, the camera moves back to show him just staring at sean with the mask scared the fúckin **** out of me!!! excellent excellent stuff

Yeah def bob the tear rolling down his eye is just class! really does capture the moment and all you wanna do is be there. i was thinking that maybe christian has got back with Kimber and she is going to come out of the toilet. silly but just an idea. den the carver does damage to her in front of christian.

any one know where i could get the song at the end "all i know" by art garfunkel (without actually buying the album !!)checkout the lyrics to it on the net.it just sums up it all really. class end

when the carver was in seans house it was class aswell bob. the camera work was savage!

spent last night watching season 1 on dvd! still at least i have that until season 2 comes out on dvd in June

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Goddamn Sky Plus missed the ending of it and I didn't realise that was the last episode. Darn it. Will have to wait 4 weeks now for Sky to catch up!!

believe me LFC fan it will be worth the wait. its so classic!

Advertisement