Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rescue Me On Rte Two.

• 12-04-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Reading the latest TV Times today, just thought I'd let you know that Rescue Me will be starting on RTE Two next Friday night at 9:55pm after 24. Can anyone tell me if it's worth watching.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Id doubt they will get many viewers for 24 or Rescue Me after Sky have showed them and they are on a Friday.

But yes Rescue Me is very very good,well worth watching. I actualyl thought the first ep was weak so i stopped watching for about 3 eps and then got back into it and the rest was brilliant.So if you dont find the first ep great,dont make the same mistake I did,stay tuned in the next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

But yes Rescue Me is very very good,well worth watching. I actualyl thought the first ep was weak so i stopped watching for about 3 eps and then got back into it and the rest was brilliant.So if you dont find the first ep great,dont make the same mistake I did,stay tuned in the next week!

I don't think it matters if they have been on sky one before hand. Sky One doesn't get as many viewers. But in saying that Friday Night isn't a good night for either show.

But maybe they will work well there.

I think that both shows last 5 weeks in that slot before being shipped of to a grave yard slot.

I bet 50euro for 5 weeks.

I think we should start a pool on this one. You may contact me and i will give you my Bank A/c details so that you may log your pool money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You know that tv stations have the schedule laid out months in advance... it's not an easy thing to switch programmes around

John

You know that tv stations have the schedule laid out months in advance... it's not an easy thing to switch programmes around

1. Six Feet Under

Start on RTE TWO on Friday night at 10 (maybe 9) lasted 2 weeks in that slot before being put to bed at 2 in the morning.

2. The Practice

Started over on RTE ONE at 9:30 lasted 7 years there as there replacement for ER (The Practice being one of the top american shows, and often out did ER during the 1990's in the states).

Series 7 wasn't the best in fairness, it went down hill as series do. RTE was lossing viewers with it during its last run on RTE ONE at 9:30 on Sunday Nights, it lasted 5 weeks before being replaced by a made for TV movie (which didn't even register on the RTE Top Twenty, while The Practice may have been down at Number 19 or so it was better then not being there at all).

So it then moves over to RTE TWO at 9 on Saturday Nights. And as you suggest schedules are made well in advance so RTE know that this show would be interuptted every week by Gone To The Dogs. The Practice averaged 120,000 viewers during is run on RTE TWO (thats good for RTE TWO). But 10 weeks (include the interruptions) RTE put The Practice to rest at 2AM for its second last series.

RTE have yet to show the final series of the Practice or the spin off series Boston LEGAL. :mad:

And don't get me started with Law And Order and CSI. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

They are showing Boston Public (which wasn't a spin-off) on sundays at 10.30ish.

• Advertisement

They are showing Boston Public (which wasn't a spin-off) on sundays at 10.30ish.

True and how many times has that been bounced around.

Boston Public had linking episodes with The Practice due to its Creator David E. Kelley. As did Ally McBeal.

The Practice now has a spin of called Boston LEGAL, Staring James Spader, William Shatner and Candice Bergen.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bostonlegal/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Elmo wrote:

Boston Public had linking episodes with The Practice due to its Creator David E. Kelley. As did Ally McBeal.

The Practice now has a spin of called Boston LEGAL, Staring James Spader, William Shatner and Candice Bergen.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bostonlegal/index.html

First of all, If you are going to correct me constantly then check your facts out. Neither The Practice or Ally McBeal were spin-offs, they had cross-over episodes with the Practice.

Secondly Boston Legal is showing on LivingTv from next Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Gist of previous post I've since deleted... Gah...

Elmo is right in saying Boston Legal is a The Practice spin-off; the others just exist in the same TV universe, hence the numerous cros-overs of characters.

Another crossover yet to come in episode 16 of Boston Legal - Chi McBride reprises his role of Steven Harper from Boston Public.

First of all, If you are going to correct me constantly then check your facts out. Neither The Practice or Ally McBeal were spin-offs, they had cross-over episodes with the Practice.

You should check out my previous post where I appoligise for mentioning Boston Public when I ment Boston Legal.
    Secondly Boston Legal is showing on LivingTv from next Monday night.

Well done living but I don't have that channel and I feel that RTE should keep up with shows that they have previously shown.

That was me agreeing with you.

And yes they only had linking episodes.

However I do consider Boston Legal a spin off when Two of the main characters from the final series of the practice reprise their roles and where Steve Harris is now a judge in Bostion Legal.

(In actual fact I consider most of the linking episopes from each series spin offs rather then any of the CSI/Law And Order spin offs which just have the name attached to the production.)

From TV Tome

Spin-offs: Boston Legal
    Other related shows (within the same "universe"): Ally McBeal, Boston Public, Gideon's Crossing

To be fair, the CSIs and L&O could be considered fully-fledged spin-offs in their own right in that characters from CSI: Miami helped launch New York (albeit in a Miami episode), and the L&Os have had similar character-crossovers. Also, Jerry Orbach, (who died late last year) from the original Law & Order did make the move over to Law & Order: Trial By Jury for several of its episodes, playing the same character.

I still think Boston Legal feels like a spin-off of The Practice (well, series 7 anyway), even if most of the characters didn't transfer and the show went for more quirky cases.

• Advertisement

Yes, this duplicates post #9 above, but that originally said something else which I can't retrieve now cos I pasted this in there by accident...!
    doh.ie wrote:
    (Picket Fences may have been as well - I think there was a crossover between that and another Kelley series.)

Bit odd to quote yourself, but anyway... Finally remembered what this other show was. Picket Fences and Chicago Hope had two crossovers of its characters. Although, a bit of extra research later and Picket Fences also crossed over with non-Kelley series Early Edition, Homicide and St Elsewhere (sort of.) And Kelley even once considered doing a crossover with The X-Files, but that feel through cos Fox and CBS were not keen.

Great resource on this kind of thing (yes, I have too much time on my hands):
    http://www.poobala.com/crossoverlist.html

Hmm I don't know about Crossovers. But since the site has different kinds of crossover I will let it go.

I think I am think more about Linking Cross Overs.

E.G. The murder Case In Ally Mc Beal which brough in The Practice gang, this episode was fairly serious in the practice yet as slap stick as Ally McBeal got (when it was funny, wondering when that actually was now?)
    or When Boston Public had an episode involving one of the kids in the show the Practice was brought in to Boston Public and vis-a-versa.
    or Thrid Watch And ER when Sherry Springfeild went to New York to look for her Sister.

Linking episode meaning that an episode from one show is also an episode on another but from different prespectives.

We have had this before on board. Prehaps we should start another tread on this hole idea of Spin Offs and Linking/Crossing over.

Advertisement