Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New - Cadbury's Snaps

• 12-04-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I saw an advert on Tv for these last. Anyone tried em yet. They appear to be chocolate crisps for all the world, and the come in Milk Choc, Orange, and Hazelnut flavour.

I gotta get my hands on these!

*** Makes mental note to head to Superquinn to see if I can locate em before heading home! ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh first one tastes a bit odd
    Next one is a bit better
    Next one after is even better and before you know it you are addicted,robbing old grannies just to get some cash to buy some snaps.
    In otherwords, Yeh they are good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

ugh, tried the hazelnut ones, they're just way too sweet ... it's just a way to package less chocolate to be sold at a higher price ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw them in Tesco last night and was shocked at the price, something like E2.50 for a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

dudara wrote:
    I saw them in Tesco last night and was shocked at the price, something like E2.50 for a box.

2.50 for a box? what size are we talking about here? Would they be around the same size as a box of Pringles? Pringles sell at about 2 euro don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

These things are the mutts nuts....we're getting closer and closer to chocolate crisps.....(I can't eat chocolate on its own and i can't eat crisps on their own)...

• Advertisement

And I thought 2.50 was bad, I paid 2.95 for em in Superquinn Clonmel today on my way home! Flaming rip off.... but I'll say one thing about em.... ADDICTIVE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

the original ones are pretty yummy, not enough in a packet though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

they are sooo good! had some last night, yummy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Love them, haven't tried the hazelnut ones yet though. I think I'll stick to plain chocolate ones.

I can't wait to try the Orange flavour ones, Superquinn only have the milk choc one, guess I'll have to shop around.

• Advertisement

I went looking for the rest of the packet I had bought to eat em while watching the boxes this evening..... nowhere to be found.... my Mum was after eating em all, can you believe that!

Then she had the cheek to tell me not to buy em again cos they were so addictive.... "I bought em for myself not for you Ma! Thanks a bunch"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Jesus these things are great. I bought a pack of the orange ones after reading this thread. Needless to say, my hips will soon regret it. It's all I can do to stop myself going out to the kitchen to eat the whole pack right now.

I gotta give up these luxeries.... my damn colesteral is gone sky high again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

so basically, i shouldnt try them cos ill get adicted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

meh...unimpressed

But im not really a chocolate person...except for yellow snack and maltesers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, they look like and have all the addictive properties of Pringles, but they taste great.

This things are incredible.... but very addictive.

I know I shouldn't but I really must give the Orange ones a try!

Was in Superquinn (Clonmel) yesterday getting a few messages for my folks when I spotted a shelf full of Snaps. they have a special offer on em at the moment.... 2 for 5 Euro or 2.95 each, needless to sa I couldn't pass on an offer like that so got one Orange flavoured and one hazelnut flavoured box.

The Orange ones are just amazing!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

yeah god damned... these things are gorgeous. i bought a few packs before they went on offer and got hooked then started to buy them when the offer came out. id just be sitting watching tv or on the pc and my hand would wander to the pack and just keep throwing them into my mouth. i went through a good few boxes before i finally got a restraining order against the bloody things. they must be putting nicotine or something in them secretly. i can safely say i have been snaps free and snaps sober for 30 days now. the aa meetings really helped. they even gave me a shiney braclet as a reward but id say its just to distract me from all the snaps. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

memphis wrote:
    Was in Superquinn (Clonmel) yesterday getting a few messages for my folks when I spotted a shelf full of Snaps. they have a special offer on em at the moment.... 2 for 5 Euro or 2.95 each, needless to sa I couldn't pass on an offer like that so got one Orange flavoured and one hazelnut flavoured box.

The Orange ones are just amazing!!!

God I know that feeling with Superquinn special offers. Ben and Jerry's ice cream was half price last week, bought a good few packets!!

Back on topic, snaps=yummmmmmmmm! :D

• Advertisement

Now that they're all gone I can start back on trying to loose the weight again. I have to get from 80kg down to under 75kg for a Taekwondo tournamemt coming up at the end of the month. Otherwise I'll be stuck competing in the fat b@st@rds section. LOL

Anyway, back on topic, Snaps are heavenly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

these are just heavenly!!! mmmmmmmmm............

Advertisement