Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Front mod released.

• 12-04-2005 3:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After almost 2 years of development, the time has now come to release the German Front Mod Multiplayer Part. The version you can now download it V. 0.9 and soon there will be a patch fixing open issues and adding new content!

The German Front Mod features 7 new weapons, 4 new maps, 9 new vehicles and many other things like a class system combined with a never-seen before uniform system! Alltogether 1241 new files. The mod has the size of 149.98 MB!

http://germanfrontmod.justgamers.de/index.php?sektion=2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I take it then it is a mod only for UO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Not familiar with this mod... Is it for UO?

BTW Dcully, thanks for the info! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah its UO mod.
    Ive been following it a while.
    Its class,no crosshairs which is a godsend.
    Heres what i thought after my first play of it today.
    http://www.jarhedz.com/viewtopic.php?t=7762

Ok, I'm going to download it and have a go then. But it'll take all night cos I have a crappy 2Mbit IBB connection... :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

D/l'ed , gonna try it now .

I know I saw a thread on how to change the filters in ASE to weed out the GFM servers in a forum somewhere but can't remember where .

Found it ! , on your forums CUlly , where else . :) , knew I could count on ya

• Advertisement

Found it ! , on your forums CUlly , where else . , knew I could count on ya

hehe yeah m8 we tend to keep on top of all things COD :)
    Having clan members on the dev teams of current mods Swat and German Front does help though :)

OOOOOH , only played it for a bit , but I like this !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Day 1 on the battlefield:
    Nice wide and detailed maps on the old German Front. The recoil is greatly reduced on some semi-automatic weapons like the BAR which is nice. Our old favourite the KAR98 is noticably slimmer in body, which makes ya feel like Robert De Niro in the Deer Hunter...cracking noise too!!

Gotta say "Well done" to the GFM volks for making this mod

mp40 is sooooo accurate now it crazy,then again it was a far superior weapon than the tommy in the war.
    The sounds are simply stunning in GFM.

How do you find GFM servers? The mod idn't recognised by ASE and every server I log on to using the GFM shortcut is a normal UO server!? Help?

• Advertisement

Checkout this.

5th reply by myself is a guide to GFM servers.

Dcully wrote:
    Checkout this.

5th reply by myself is a guide to GFM servers.

Nice one!!! Working perfect! Thanks! ;)

No worries man glad to help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

thanks a bunch dcully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

keep getting error "unpure client detected invalid pk3 files referenced"...file thats named is zz_gfm_beta_v895.pk3 on all maps...its a clean install of COD UO +1.51 patch....any ideas?? :confused:

Gryzor wrote:
    keep getting error "unpure client detected invalid pk3 files referenced"...file thats named is zz_gfm_beta_v895.pk3 on all maps...its a clean install of COD UO +1.51 patch....any ideas?? :confused:

Hi Gryzor,

You downloaded and installed Version 0.9 right? Well the servers you are trying to play either have an old version running (Version 0.895?) or you are just trying to connect to a normal UO server... That's your problem (I'm pretty sure). I was getting the same error messages until Dcully told me how to find GFM v0.9 servers (you need All Seeing Eye):

"Just incase yas missed it on GFM webbie heres how to find and filter GFM servers in all seeing eye.

How to search and find GFM servers:
    With the program The All Seeing Eye you can easily search and find German Front Mod gameservers! After having installed it, please got to Filter -> New and give it the name GFM and add the following in the large field under it:

1 if fs_game ~== "gfm" goto 3
    2 remove

Now you can scan the net for GFM servers! Note: You can always find the GFM filter under "my filters"."

Try this and let us know! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Tried to d/l the mod but stupid avg is detecting a trojan, googled it and its a common problem in mods with avg, the trojen isnt actually there its just a bug in the software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Hi Gryzor,

You downloaded and installed Version 0.9 right? Well the servers you are trying to play either have an old version running (Version 0.895?) or you are just trying to connect to a normal UO server... That's your problem (I'm pretty sure). I was getting the same error messages until Dcully told me how to find GFM v0.9 servers (you need All Seeing Eye):

"Just incase yas missed it on GFM webbie heres how to find and filter GFM servers in all seeing eye.

How to search and find GFM servers:
    With the program The All Seeing Eye you can easily search and find German Front Mod gameservers! After having installed it, please got to Filter -> New and give it the name GFM and add the following in the large field under it:

1 if fs_game ~== "gfm" goto 3
    2 remove

Now you can scan the net for GFM servers! Note: You can always find the GFM filter under "my filters"."

Try this and let us know! ;)

cheers Steffano...i'll give that a lash.....can't wait to see the mod... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Gryzor wrote:
    cheers Steffano...i'll give that a lash.....can't wait to see the mod... :D

Me too just got it ! :-)

Ok lads we are currently running the GFM mod on the jarhedz GFF server to see how it goes.

212.23.5.120:28960 jarHedz :: [G.F.F] Cod GFM

The patch for GFM was released lastnight which apparently makes servers running the mod more stable.
    Those of you who dont have GFM get it @ below link.
    Also be sure to grab the new patch.

• Advertisement

Cool................ btw Jarhedz is mad clan, great craic in SPookys last night !

DCully where do I get the blood mod ?

Sorry to correct you Drapper but the clan is [G.F.F] ,jarhedz host us.
    What blood md m8?
    We are running version 1.0 of GFM mod is all m8.
    Get it here.

Dcully wrote:
    Sorry to correct you Drapper but the clan is [G.F.F] ,jarhedz host us.
    What blood md m8?
    We are running version 1.0 of GFM mod is all m8.
    Get it here.

Sorry for the mistake ! on your server last night there was a blood mod of some sort? Must of picked somenthing up wrong !

If you have a link that would be great.

Yeah m8 that blood was from awe mod which we were running.
    We have put GFM on for a trial period since Saturday to see how it goes.

Obviously fell asleep somewhere along the line yesterday , new patch you say ? mod on your server you say ? k , getting it sorted now , sorry for any inconvienence cause by my slow reactions . I am old ...sue me .

Yes Yes and Yes Jonski,but no i wont sue you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Still running mod? downloading now and will try it out tonite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

was wonder were you were Big Nelly....seen you trying to connect last night....

on a different note....I'm hoping to get this teamspeak working later tonight or over the weekend (not sure if i'll be able to understand people from wexford though :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

wideband wrote:
    was wonder were you were Big Nelly....seen you trying to connect last night....

on a different note....I'm hoping to get this teamspeak working later tonight or over the weekend (not sure if i'll be able to understand people from wexford though :D )

Tried to connect last nite but hadnt got mod so kicked me off....will be around tonite.....was just playing then on a few UK servers.....good enough laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

if your in the dublin area i have the mods and maps on CD if you want them.

Advertisement