Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bud Rising

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

how about the pixies at landsdowne road?

everywhere drinks, drinks, drinks.

The most obvious factor is that the promoters in control of the largest venues are those who have the power to control who will sponsor the gigs.

On a slightly different note, and one echoed frequently on this board and others, if these big companies sponsor these events why are the ticket prices so high and the drinks so expensive? (non alcoholic included).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Capitalism in all its glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

-British Power Sea, Sons and Daughters - The Village - 7th June
    -Engineers - Temple Bar Music Centre - 7th June (if the other sells out too fast or if I coudl be in two places at once )
    -Stephen Fretwell - Whelans - 5th June
    -The Departures, Editors - Whelans - 3rd June
    -The Duke Spirit, VHS/Beta - Temple Bar Music Centre - 4th June
    -Tom Vek - Whelans - 6th June
    -Art Brut, The Chalets etc....

Ideal festivities for me....

anyone wanna give me tickets ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Its so funny the way the drinks companies try to get young punters by putting on music festivals; Heineken Green Energy, Heinken + Guinness with Oxegen and Witness, Miller had one there last year in association with Fender.

Seems like music is the easiest way to tap into the young 'uns conscience! Drink more, drink more...!

I think the market they are appealing to (18-30ish) are that easily swayed.

1. anyone in that age bracket in this day and age are media savvy
    2. the alternative nature of these bands, would attract an alternative crowd so to speak, who by being "alternatively inclined" have demonstrated their distaste for pop culture which is dominated by business, thus probably
    3. Budweiser could offer free drink to me and I would have quarms about drinking it still... and this point applies to a lot of people I know. People drink what they like. Budweiser to me tastes horrible. The likelyhood of swaying the indecisive drinker (whom I would presume are in the minority from my experience) would be small since indecision is a habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

If they legalised narcotics there'd be plenty more competition, someone think of the children!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

I think the market they are appealing to (18-30ish) are that easily swayed.

I think it's also due to young drinkers still finding 'their drink', if you know what I mean. I myself change what I drink, depending on my mood. I've also changed my beer preference at least 6 times since I started drinking when I was...18 :rolleyes:

Do the over 30ish people not change their drink preference, or is the 18-30ish market just a more profitable and susceptible market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

god.
    drink.

no - correct me if i'm wrong - but bands like the departures, the editors, tom vek, and duke spirit are all bluster no tunes.

actually, don't correct me.

Advertisement