Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testament

Options
  • 12-04-2005 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Ive just read that Testament are playing a gig in London next month. I used to love them years back. Anyone into them or anyone know what the albums after Low were like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Testament released a few greatest hits type thing and a couple of new albums on top.
    Got the Demonic album, quite good, has a it of a death metal thing goin on. Havent heard The Gathering. Think Dave Lombardo Played on it.

They're doing a reunion thins with Alex Skolnick returning to the fold. Could be worth a trip to London to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The Gathering does indeed feature Dave Lombardo, very good album. They also released a CD called First Strike, Still Deadly which consisted of songs from the first two albums re-recorded with the current line-up (with Skolnick on guitar though) and an Andy Sneap production. A couple of tunes feature Steve Souza (original vocalist, more famous for his work with Exodus) and the whole thing is definitely worth picking up.

They're following Anthrax with this "Reunion Tour" malarkey, it'll be Chuck, Eric, Alex, original bassist Greg Christian and Jonny Tempesta on drums, though original drummer Louie Clemente will play a couple of tunes, he isn't doing the full set because he hasn't played drums since leaving Testament.

It'd be good to see but I think those two bands would be better served putting out some crushing new material rather than going on some nostalgia trip which, to me, kind of cheapens what they've been doing since those guys left the band in the first place.

Advertisement