Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsweetened cocoa, "Dutch-processed"

• 12-04-2005 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin can one find such a thing? Need it for a Chocolate Truffle Tart -
    Also any recommendations for good white, and couverture bittersweet chocolate too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Droste is the best Dutch cocoa powder IMHO. No idea where you'd find it here, I'm afraid. As a last resort you could buy it mail order, I suppose ... Googling for "droste cocoa site:co.uk" throws up loads of hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought regular cadbury's cocoa is unsweetened and that only the cadbury's drinking chocolate has sugar in it, which is simple a mix of caster sugar and cocoa.

Tescos do some good chocolate in their "finest" range. I think some of the chocolate shops like butlers and leonidas also do normal slabs of chocolate.
    Marks & spencers usually have good quality stuff too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

valrhona is the best darker choclate without doubt. not sure about the coco powder tho. the white buttons seem to be the most co-operative when working with white choclate. the smaller the button, the easier it is to melt without destroying its texture. im not a big fan of white choclate although it does go down as one of the all time best inventions. the wheel just doesnt seem so exciting anymore!

Advertisement