Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noob RS125 V NSR125 V other purchase question

Options
  • 12-04-2005 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi
    Some annoying questions ye might be able to answer :)
    Im going to buy my first bike for weekend riding!
    Im looking at either an Aprilia rs125 or a Honda nsr125!
    Will these bikes suit? im 6.2 and 12 stone.
    Is there better on the market? I like the sports look of the named two.
    What about upkeep. I hear the Aprilia can be troublesome?
    Btw im 25 with a prov license.

Help much appreciated :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The RS125 is going to be a bitch for insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

not if it's a factory restricted rs125, same deal with the nsr125. group 2 insurance AFAIK. They'd both be a grand or maybe a little bit too small at 6'2" but if you're going for sports type you wouldn't have many other options. I've heard the varadero 125 is a good bet for tall people but it's not exactly sporty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

RS parts are going to be DAMN more expensive than NSR Parts, thats a start. You will find most NSR parts in stock in decent bike shops, where RS parts will have to be ordered in.

Factory restricted (NSR 125R) is group 2, however the NSR 125RR (Not restricted) is Group 7.

Personally id go for the NSR, but I would as I have 12 months of nothing but pure pleasure from my 2stroke beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

JohnCleary wrote:
    RS parts are going to be DAMN more expensive than NSR Parts, thats a start. You will find most NSR parts in stock in decent bike shops, where RS parts will have to be ordered in.

Factory restricted (NSR 125R) is group 2, however the NSR 125RR (Not restricted) is Group 7.

Personally id go for the NSR, but I would as I have 12 months of nothing but pure pleasure from my 2stroke beauty.
    Are you sure it's group 2?
    The nsr80 used to be group 2 then they moved it into group 3. (probably because loads of young lads were getting insured for under £2000, and they saw another way to exploit/rape young people)

I'd nearly get one if they were actually group 2, since I have 1 years NCB on a bike(I presume it will carry forward if I was to get a new bike)

Sorry to thread hi-jack.

But the RS is an absolutely beautiful(looking) bike imho..and I've heard it is faster than the NSR125??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

If you're over 25 the insurance on 250cc sports bikes wont be too crippling, and they'll haul you around a lot more comfortably than having to rev the piss out of a 125cc stroker to get anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement