Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some moderators seem too harsh

Options
  • 12-04-2005 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I find the mods on the TCD board too harsh. Perhaps I'm taking it the wrong way, but there seems to be a bit of bullying going on.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Ill see if you get banned for this and then ill give yee my opinion.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

foxybrowne wrote:
    I find the mods on the TCD board too harsh. Perhaps I'm taking it the wrong way, but there seems to be a bit of bullying going on.

give examples and links please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Jesus BJ Christ, what is with all the mod-bashing threads recently? When will people just accept the words "Benevolent dictatorship" and move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Every entered a competition where it says "judges descision is final"? Well, Mod here apply the same principle, get used to it.

Now run along and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yeah..i agree, they're bastards in Trinity....

Hope you're not an Oik???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The only person to get banned from TCD forum recently is that fool Kev. There is no bullying he brings it on himself. that reply to the moderator earned him a ban, and would do so on any forum. the guy is lucky he is still allow on the site let alone an individual forum. Moderators on that forum have had Kev called them ***** and assholes. It's only the fact that they couldn't give a bollix what Kev says that they never report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I agree there has been a lot of pointless and stupid mod bashing going on in feedback recently. I wouldn't agree with the term "Benevolent dictatorship" being applied to mods. The admins decide what's going to happen and if you're unhappy with it **** off. But if a moderator starts throwing his weight around unfairly or acting the muppet the admins will ban/remove his mod status. Anyone remember LittleTinyMan? The fact that the vast majority of the mods selected are decent and just reinforce the rules means that you don't see that happening very often. Also most newbs see the actions of moderators as unfair even when that moderator is completely within his rights. I think that's why there's so much noise about mods at the moment.

Its a real pity because all this crying wolf will make it harder for someone to bring a proper case against a moderator in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Actually Boston, that reply was aimed at you I wasn't addressing a mod in the post I got banned for, I was addressing you. I thought you knew that cos you replied as if you understood that. For someone that doesn't care you do seem to have a habit of expressing you're opinion on me an awful lot.

Also I don't know if i've said much to moderators that they feel is inappropriate. I think Boston you're exageratting and distorting an awful lot of facts. I am also surprised you're taking this opportunity to speak on the behalf of Darth Bobo, Apexaviour and Kappar.
    It's only the fact that they couldn't give a bollix what Kev says

I've spoken to Darth Bobo, Apexaviour and Kappar and made it clear it was you I was addressing and not Darth Bobo and they feel it's still fine for me to be banned. I've accepted this.

Maybe next time you insult somneone you could learnt to use the quote button.

I did quote you in my reply.

You're the one throwing the insults around. I'm amazed how blind you are. Do you simply forget what you write once it's posted?

• Advertisement

It's the influx of alot of newbies that's making modding a pain recently

I did quote you in my reply.

You're the one throwing the insults around. I'm amazed how blind you are. Do you simply forget what you write once it's posted?

you are still a fúckwit though.

Don't be simple, I was refering to the orginal thread that got you banned. Where you quoted a moderated and then proceded to tell "someone" to shut the fuk up and bascially go fuk himself.

Edit btw, you signature is 12px to big, please resize it.

Well, if you took the time to reread that thread...you'll see that i'm talking to Darth Bobo, then i start a new paragraph with FAO. This means For Attention Of. I was supposed to write FAO Boston.

HOwever, I didn't. Anyway, I told YOU to shut the f up because u just previously told me to shut the F up. And I referred to you as acting like you were 16.

Then I refer to you by name and then quote you.

WWM - thanks.

Hey I was under no alusions who it was meant for, if you're venting drivel, it's usually in my direction. And you don't know what I was like at 16. WWm remembers those days with a tear in his eye and a song in his heart.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

HOwever, I didn't. Anyway, I told YOU to shut the f up because u just previously told me to shut the F up. And I referred to you as acting like you were 16.

As opposed to you acting like your 8 years old?
    sig11hw.gif
    Linked to http://members.boards.ie/kevin_rc_ie/list.html

In fairness grow up will you :rolleyes:

Good to see you understood.

And if you reread the whole thread you'll see it's you that's starting the aggro and it's only that post i've said anything significant. IMO i'm only banned because Darth Bobo misunderstood my post. Fair enough.

Also,
    , if you're venting drivel, it's usually in my direction.

Get over your "me" complex, boston, I'm rarely able to understand the drivel you write. You must have toes on your hands, can you not just make an effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

memphis wrote:
    Every entered a competition where it says "judges descision is final"? Well, Mod here apply the same principle, get used to it.

Now run along and play.
    spoken like a true mod.

Cab,

I've a slightly childish sig, big deal. I like it, doesn't do anyone any harm.

Good to see you understood.
    Get over your "me" complex, boston, I'm rarely able to understand the drivel you write. You must have toes on your hands, can you not just make an effort?

Sorry was that directed at me, or YOUR MA.

zing.

• Advertisement

Good work Boston, very clever little boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

The reason I brought this up was to that I felt that the moderating was too harsh. Perhaps I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Thorbar wrote:
    I agree there has been a lot of pointless and stupid mod bashing going on in feedback recently. I wouldn't agree with the term "Benevolent dictatorship" being applied to mods. The admins decide what's going to happen and if you're unhappy with it **** off. But if a moderator starts throwing his weight around unfairly or acting the muppet the admins will ban/remove his mod status. Anyone remember LittleTinyMan? The fact that the vast majority of the mods selected are decent and just reinforce the rules means that you don't see that happening very often. Also most newbs see the actions of moderators as unfair even when that moderator is completely within his rights. I think that's why there's so much noise about mods at the moment.

Its a real pity because all this crying wolf will make it harder for someone to bring a proper case against a moderator in future.

What ever happened littletinyman anyways? Not seen him on in years... what did he do ?

There's no problem with the moderating in the Trinity Forum imo. A few thosand posts and 2 bannings and 1 post in the system section is pretty good. I'm not being sarcastic accept for this, everything's gone hunky dorey. I think even boston will agree with me on this.

TBH i'm amazed that INFINI hasn't played the flaming muppet card (or any other) by now....

yeah, its about due isnt it.

infini and his incredible card playing.
    another 'tard to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

tbh, imho, etc

I think mods shouldn't being calling people tards and fúkwits on feedback. It doesn't help the situation with the new posters, first impressions and all that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Evil Phil wrote:
    tbh, imho, etc

I think mods shouldn't being calling people tards and fúkwits on feedback. It doesn't help the situation with the new posters, first impressions and all that.

Yeah I agree, they need to use more abusive names then that :p
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

The mods aren't harsh enough IMO, I remember getting caned for breaking a rule once.....mmmm, those were the days :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

foxybrowne wrote:
    The reason I brought this up was to that I felt that the moderating was too harsh. Perhaps I was wrong.
    I think you can probably see now why sometimes people need to be banned in order for an issue to get properly discussed. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement