Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 cooling options

Options
  • 12-04-2005 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I've just finished off my new rig with an Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 gpu. Thing is it's by far the noisiest component so i'm looking to replace the stock heatsink and fan. Problem is i can't find and products that confirm they will work with it. AFAIK it's based on one of nvidia's consumer gpu's (5900?) but i'm not sure if that means they'll work.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

You do alot of 3d?
    We use Quadro video cards at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Yeh, loads of 3D. I'm doing Product Design in college so i use solidworks, solid edge, alphaCAM and the like all the time. Mainly solid modelling at the moment but moving into suface modelling now.
    So when i went to build my new rig for home i opted to go with the opengl card, they're exorbitantly expensive though - see here
    I didn't pay that much though

Advertisement