Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practicals When??

Options
  • 12-04-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

So when are yours, my home ec is on thursday and have fu*k all done. im typing out my folder now and its a pain, so any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

My Woodwork project has to be done by next thursday, I'm making a table and all i have done is the legs and rrails assembled!!!

But i'm actually ahead of most of the rest of the class :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Metalwork has to finished TOMORROW! I don't even have it assembled, never mind the electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Practicals in my school were in the latter half of last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Music was over 2 tuesdays ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

home-ec was last week, went really well apart from pouring soup all over the counters.

• Advertisement

Diarmsquid wrote:
    My Woodwork project has to be done by next thursday, I'm making a table and all i have done is the legs and rrails assembled!!!

But i'm actually ahead of most of the rest of the class :rolleyes:

Just to let everyone know that i haven't finished yet (and today's the deadline because tomorrow's a day off), but we've been told when the examiner is coming and its not till another week and i have one more thing to do so i'm sorted.

Now onto the portfolio :(

When's the examiner coming to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My art has to be in on wednesday, but I havent been able to write or draw for over a week because of an injury, bandages and sling come off tomorrow but I'm way behind on my art, basically I'm fooked.

Our CSPE teacher, http://www.ratemyteachers.ie/ShowRatings.php?tid=2944&type=0 still hasn't posted away our CSPE action project booklets.
    She didnt help us at all during the project so we worked ourselves, really hard, and now she's not even posting them away for us!
    When we ask her why not, she says "Don't be cheeky" and she also tried to tell us that the deadline wasn't untill another 2 weeks but examinations.ie said it was the 6th.

:mad: stupid bee-atch :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Our CSPE teacher, http://www.ratemyteachers.ie/ShowRatings.php?tid=2944&type=0 still hasn't posted away our CSPE action project booklets.
    She didnt help us at all during the project so we worked ourselves, really hard, and now she's not even posting them away for us!
    When we ask her why not, she says "Don't be cheeky" and she also tried to tell us that the deadline wasn't untill another 2 weeks but examinations.ie said it was the 6th.

:mad: stupid bee-atch :mad:

Hate to make you feel like a fool, but:

Our CSPE is still working on our Action Project forms(Nearly finished, we're on the Refelctions question) and she said "They get sent away with your exam next month"

So, think you owe someone an apology(not me, your teacher)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

That's right, they go into a special envelope with a pocket for the action project, and get sent off after the CSPE exam.

The 'deadline' is a suggested one.

• Advertisement

Oh, :o

She told us they were to be sent away.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Diarmsquid wrote:
    When we ask her why not, she says "Don't be cheeky"
    Prime example of one thing I do not understand about some teachers and some other people.

http://www.answers.com/cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

dont be cheeky if just one of those phrases used when a good reason cant be though of, like "because i say so"

but yes they get sent with your exam booklet, i think i might have managed to mess that part up actually

grimloch wrote:
    dont be cheeky if just one of those phrases used when a good reason cant be though of, like "because i say so"
    Or when the teacher is too damn lazy to answer the question. Or maybe when he/she isn't lazy just... something else. Picture this:

STUDENT: Why haven't the Action Project booklets been sent out?
    TEACHER: Don't be cheeky.

WTF!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Or...
    Student: (thinks 'I know your job better than you and would like to make this known in front of the class') Why haven't the books been sent in ?
    Teacher: (thinks 'piss off you little ****, like you have any idea') Don't be cheeky.

newgrange wrote:
    Or...
    Student: (thinks 'I know your job better than you and would like to make this known in front of the class') Why haven't the books been sent in ?
    Teacher: (thinks 'piss off you little ****, like you have any idea') Don't be cheeky.
    Probably.

I'd say seeing as the teacher didn't explain to the class that the booklets go with the exam paper, and the students more-than-likely assumed (or were told by the teacher, doesn't matter) that they'd be sent sometime soon seeing as there probably was a deadline for the students to have 'em in by...
    Most of the students were probably curious and wanted to know why the booklets weren't sent, and when they will be sent etc...
    So someone decided to ask. It might have been one of the "naughty ones" (I will NOT use that-other-term!), but it could have been anyone.

Even if it was one of the "naughty ones", the teacher should've answered the damn question, if not for that "naughty one", for the rest of the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

not like it was rocket science, i actually loathe when teachers refuse to give an answer to a seemingly simple question...if they dont know would they just say they dont know instead of the stupid answers like the aforementioned

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

declan_lgs wrote:
    STUDENT: Why haven't the Action Project booklets been sent out?
    TEACHER: Don't be cheeky.

Alternative:

STUDENT: Why the f*** haven't the APB been sent out, yet? Ure ma is sooooo ghey.

TEACHER: They aren't to be sent until the exam. Noob. STFU!!1!!one!!

:D

Victor wrote:
    Alternative:

STUDENT: Why the f*** haven't the APB been sent out, yet? Ure ma is sooooo ghey.

TEACHER: They aren't to be sent until the exam. Noob. STFU!!1!!one!!

:D
    If the student was like that (and we don't know what the student was like, BTW, and we could write up hundreds of different conversation things. Your one's wrong, BTW (and you could say my one's generic), because Diarmsquid said that the teacher said "Don't be cheeky", NOT what you said), then that is cheeky (as in rude and disrespectful - as in what cheeky means), and the teacher may do/say whatever the hell he/she wants (within reason, of course).

But I've witnessed many occasions where teachers say students are being cheeky for asking perfectly-relevant questions.
    One solution, would be to keep your mouth shut. Everyone. Out of fear of them thinking/saying that you're "cheeky".

Advertisement