Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter-v-Milan

• 12-04-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Livescore says this match is suspended.

http://www.livescore.com/

What is happening anyone?

Also, apparently Shevchenko nutted someone earlier, this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Inter fans are throwing flares onto the pitch, dida got hit in the head. They kept throwing even when the firemen were cleaning them off. There will be serious consequences for Inter. I mean Roma got a ground ban just for one flare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dida got hit in the head

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This from the BBC match updates

2125: The game at the San Siro is suspended and the players are taken off the field.

2120: The game at the San Siro is still not back under way as firemen try to put out the flares in the Milan area. Bottles and other objects are still being thrown on to the field by the Inter fans.

2115: There is high drama in Milan as AC keeper Dida goes down after being struck on the shoulder by a flare from the crowd. The Milan end of the San Siro pitch is covered by flares and the refereehas no option but to call a halt to the game.

2112: Inter have a goal disallowed when Esteban Cambiasso heads in, but the referee gives a free-kick to Milan for a foul on Dida.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I mean Roma got a ground ban just for one flare.

When?!

sercurity wise, this doesnt look positive for tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Watching it on ITV2 at the moment, i work in a betting place.

Roma got a ban when a flare was thrown at anders frisk earlier on in the year.

Dida was ok afterwards, but the match is almost certainly called off.

• Advertisement

it was a lighter, and they were banned for hitting a ref, not thoriwing it onto the pitch, huge difference.

inter are still ****'d, what was the score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can AC Milan just take this match? Like since it was startted by Inter fans, and they are 3-0? Can UEFA just say, **** it AC Milan have won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Sounds like Inter are proper fucked. There isn't anything Italian football fans do that surprises me these days. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Doubt it PHB.

Maybe UEFA will decide to award the game to Milan, with a walkover or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dirty nazzuri scumbags!

Italian fans seemed to have taken over from english ones in the mob league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Here's hoping Baros gets a brick in the head tomorow and Liverpool get awarded the match, two birds with one stone :)

Incidentay, does anyone know the logistics of getting hit wit a flare? Has anyone here been hit with one. Just saw it there on TV3 and it looks like it just bounced off Dida's shoulder. He went down fairly heavily, was it nessecary?

its coming up now on tv3, just dida getting hit, ouch!

Ah now, Italian fans were always nuts.
    This is why the San Siro is such a crazy ****ing place.
    Inter vs. AC, what the **** were they thinking having it at the San Siro. If you had it at Old Trafford you could still barely control the fans! They are just ****ing nuts

PHB wrote:
    Ah now, Italian fans were always nuts.
    This is why the San Siro is such a crazy ****ing place.
    Inter vs. AC, what the **** were they thinking having it at the San Siro. If you had it at Old Trafford you could still barely control the fans! They are just ****ing nuts

they get away with having derbys there.

do the lads not get searched going into grounds in italy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

52620579.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=921361FC78373D1F7B3EB7F9410722F9A9C30E9B9B114CE8

52620539.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E0A85D8396A3388067757C85AE85A779B

52620557.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=921361FC78373D1F1A4C15978E6F606FA9C30E9B9B114CE8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Course they do, if they are'nt armed they get sent home!

More seriously I think AC will get the result by default. What chance that UEFA look the other way?..If this happened between say Liverpool and Man Utd they'd slap a general ban on all English clubs.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well where the **** **** **** ***** else would u have it? :rolleyes:

A few drama queens on here!
    Ok it was serious incident and Inter deserve a to be punished but please come on. Did anybody die? was there someone stabbed?

There was trouble for the last 100 years at some football matches and there will be always trouble at some football matches.

No im not ignorent or blind to this situation im just a realist!

As for going dow heavily well thats what i thought too. When i was kid i got hit by a self propled firework, it hurt but wasnt that a big deal, the flare more or less bounced of him!

As for the goal itself well i cant see anything wrong with it at all! Especially when sheva should have got sent off, then scored that great goal.

If i was an Inter fan id be mightly pissed off!

Tough ****, ref decisions don't go your way, get over it.

Jank, if players aren't safe playing in a stadium, they are under threat.
    Why should Dida have to worry about not only stoppping ADriano, but about getting hit in the back of the head by a flame? SHould that be one of his concerns?

I hope they give them a serioues ****ing ground ban.

p.s. What a goal from Shev, should have been sent off, and I@m sure will retrorespectivly, but ****ing hell, what a goal

---
    There was trouble for the last 100 years at some football matches and there will be always trouble at some football matches.

No im not ignorent or blind to this situation im just a realist!

When was the last time this has happened in the Premiership? They stopped it there, why can't they stop it in ItalY?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV3 are showing the game right now.

Mike.

That firework might have been thrown form the top teir, if so thats a pretty decaint height, also flares are heavey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

they get away with having derbys there.

I doubt it a couple of seasons back inter fans through a scooter over the barrier.How the hell did they get that in. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

There is a ramp upto the top apparently for ambulances etc. They drove it up and fecked it over the edge

Seens like the goalie was jumping, and someone from Inter nudged Dida and didn't allow him to jump as good as he could, and he might have reached the ball had he not been impeded.
    It was a soft free kick, but some ref just don't allow the goalie to be touched.

----

If that flame had hit Dida on the head, it could have killed him., nuff said.

d22ontour wrote:
    I doubt it a couple of seasons back inter fans through a scooter over the barrier.How the hell did they get that in. :confused:

ahah, a scooter?! crikey

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

From the replays, Materazzi walked into Shevchenko's lowered head. Possibly a bit like head-butting someone's outstretched fist, but there was no neck-snap action. Bit of a shambles all-round, from letting Adriano play on with one leg to the ridiculous disallowing of the goal to... that ending.

Flares aren't banned at grounds in Italy, because that would "ruin the atmosphere" :rolleyes:

Julio Cruz was holding Dida, that's why Cambiasso's goal wasn't allowed.

Was that before or after Dida shoved him out of the 6-yard box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

unbelievable scenes!i do think dida went down a bit easy but as mark lawrenson said that could have damaged his eye sight or as said above if it hit him on the head it could have been a lot worse.

ac milan should be handed the game. when will this decision be made???

unbelievable scenes!i do think dida went down a bit easy but as mark lawrenson said that could have damaged his eye sight or as said above if it hit him on the head it could have been a lot worse.

i dont think he went down easily, he needed to be subed sure. depending on the way it landed, its could of easily broken his collar bone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A flare is 750gms of explosive material, of course it gonna bleedin hurt if hits you and the explosive material lands on you.
    He would have a nasty burn and big bruise also if thrown form top tier thats a long way down. Dodgy decision alright looked a perfect goal and why wasnt Shev sent off, never seen him do anyhting like that but it was a blatant headbutt.

Ac played very well let Inter have the ball and try score, may have got one but werent gonna hit 4.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

what?Went down easy? It wasn't like he was fouled. He was hit by a flare thrown from the upper tier. Of course he "should have gone down."
    Fair play to Cafu for legging it over without hesitation. As for Inter, absolute filth. They will have to have their fans banned after this. And fined. Such a joke.

Team should be banned from Europe for a season or 4 imo.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I can't believe what happened over there, Uefa have to make an example of Inter now, especially after the trouble at Roma earlier in the year. The ref made some terrible decisions but there is no excuse for what the Inter fans did.

• Advertisement

i wasnt taking from the seriousness of the hit, i just got the feeling when he was walking away that it wasnt as bad as he had made out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

its a shame that a small minority of people could ruin a classic derby that thousands upon thousands of people paid a lot of money to see.

Whoever said Dida went down easily is wrong,Looking at the replays its a massive flare,being thrown from quite a damn distance,with the sparks hitting him around the face and even burning his jersey,I'd go down and cover my head if that happended to me,I mean your hardly going to stand there waiting for the next one to hit.

If trouble happens in Turin tomorrow please take into account that a lot of people will be coming to Turin soley for trouble and probably dont even support Juve,real Juventus fans are certainly not known for causing trouble like Lazio or Roma,I hope we dont see scenes like that of tonight in the game tomorrow.If there is trouble tomorrow which i have a feeling will happen, it will give Italian fans a very bad image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭radiospan

eirebhoy wrote:

Great photo!

UEFA can't punish Inter for it this season, seeing as they are out already. They might have to ban them from Europe for a season.

If trouble happens at the Juve game tomorrow, it would put a very sour taste on what could be Milan's year.

Before the game was abandoned, I can't remember a referee making such (seemingly) biased decisions over major incidents.
    The Shevchenko headbutt was definately a straight red I thought, the linesman had a clear view.
    Inter should have had a penalty in the first half, I can't see how it was anything other than a clear trip.
    I wasn't watching Dida when the goal was disallowed, but Cambiasso definately wasn't at fault.

Italian fans always had a bad image deservedly so, they created the Ultra monkeys.

Juve dont have any fans average a fe w thousand a league game, tomorrow outside the ground will be the worst. and as England found a few years ago italin police dont actually protect the away fans.

kdjac

have these two teams to play eachother again this season??!

• Advertisement

nope.

in a way this might actually be a blessing in disguise. Juve will now realise how important tomorrows match going off peacefully is.

If there is trouble at tomorrows match in the ground, taking into account tonights trouble, juve could find themselves taking the brunt of UEFA anger since inter wont be punished till next season.

although liverpool will win tomorrow anyway! :p

Average weight of a flare is 345 grams

Weight is 0.345kg

Thrown at a height of roughly 20/50 metres off the ground, depending on if it was second or third tier.
    By the time it hits Kaka, it would be going at roughly, 115kmph or 230kmph, depending on if it was at the second or third tier.

So imagine this, hit by an apple travelling at 115 kmhp, I think you'd fall over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hopefully,there wont be any trouble tomorrow-nothing but a great football match.

Shevchenko's goal was beautiful,i must find a video of the headbutt though.

That was pretty disgraceful of the fans,alright. I hope to god that (somehow) an example is made,and nothing like this ever happens again*.

*highly unlikely

can i please retract my statement?!

Maths is a scary thing eh :)

well it was for the junior cert and it remains a horror for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Scum.

Better quality version of that pic from gazzetta here.

Clip of Dida being hit here. (need to copy/paste and replace the stars with the F-word. The baaad F-word).

has anyone got a clip of the shevchenko incident, tvs kept slowing it down and rewinding and didnt get a good look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement