Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter-v-Milan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Thats a deadly picture. Yeah,i'd like to see Shev incident too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

from what i saw, the way the game is gone today, he should have gone off ala rooney. but it seemed like nothing. did matterazzi play with everton years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

whoever took that photo is going to have a lot of money tomorrow morning.Its class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

one more question, will shevchenkos goal tally for the year include that goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

To those who said Dida went down too easy.

lol wtf are you guys on? :D

It's not exactly something most footballers practice in training, how to head flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I do think Shev is innocent in the headbutting incident, it looked like he lowered his head and the other guy tried to get him in trouble. Dida was so lucky, had he turned his head half a second later he could have been blinded. Thats how serious this could have been, imagine the trouble Inter would be in then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

TabloidVision3 said Dida got 1st degree burns on his shoulder.

Went down easliy my round hairy one.

Lucky git could have been blinded or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

PHB wrote:
    Average weight of a flare is 345 grams

Weight is 0.345kg

Thrown at a height of roughly 20/50 metres off the ground, depending on if it was second or third tier.
    By the time it hits Kaka, it would be going at roughly, 115kmph or 230kmph, depending on if it was at the second or third tier.

So imagine this, hit by an apple travelling at 115 kmhp, I think you'd fall over.

Kaka, or Dida even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Dida was lucky by all accounts, seen the incident on TV and IMO he was literaly an inch away from being blinded,,
    I think the italian FA should do the right thing and take all their clubs out of europe and sort them out.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that ref

shevchenko should have been sent off
    inter should have had a peno
    good goal disallowed

but the actions of the Inter supporters (not all mind, just the morons) was a disgrace and UEFA should come down on them like a tonne of bricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Worst ref i've seen in a while.

That said I didn't expect a shower of flares for Dida.

He was lucky the sparks didnt blind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Better quality version of that pic from gazzetta here.

Clip of Dida being hit here. (need to copy/paste and replace the stars with the F-word. The baaad F-word).

i got an error when trying to play that clip. tried to open with winamp and media player. can anyone link another source?

edit: works now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

quarryman wrote:
    i got an error when trying to play that clip. tried to open with winamp and media player. can anyone link another source?

Try downloading from Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

was nutz tbh.

I've seen something similar happen at a AC Vs Florintina, but that was before the game kicked off, not during it. no flares where used, the AC fans where kind enough just to use oranges.

But yeah inter had a good peno claim turne ddown ( but i have seen the same sort of decisions happen in other games) and well the goal, it was a goal. I hate it when someone walks past a keeper, he hits the ground like a big girls blouse and gets a free ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Milan have been awarded the game.

-Sheva should have been sent off.
    -When Nesta tripped Cambiasso, it was a def penalty.
    -When Cafu shoved Adriano it was a def penalty also.
    -Inter goal should have stood.
    -Cafu should have penalty when he was shoved over.

The first thing Inter coach will do is blame the ref. Those mistakes he made, any referee would make, and has made, but there isn't any crowd trouble. Cordoba was even jeering the ref when he called it off.

I thought the ref had a good game in general. Sheva should have been sent off, just like Mihajhlovic should have been sent off in the first leg.

Flares are legal in Italy. When I was in the San Siro, I had a bottle of coke on way in. Security took the bottle, removed the cap and handed me the bottle back. They allow flares, but not plastic bottle caps. Weird.

Also, I'm just glad Gattuso wasn't playing. He would have probably climbed the fence to fight the Inter fans!

There was also crowd trouble at the Italy-Scotland game a few weeks ago, when Inter fans clashed with Verona fans.
    Anyone remember a few years ago, the serious riots between Fiorentina fans and Lazio or Verona fans. Fiorentina fans attacked the train the other fans were travelling on, out in the countryside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rossonero wrote:
    When I was in the San Siro, I had a bottle of coke on way in. Security took the bottle, removed the cap and handed me the bottle back. They allow flares, but not plastic bottle caps. Weird.

I was just gonna mention this. Cos at any concert/outdoor event I've ever been to here they take the lids off the bottles if you buy a drink. But last night there were just as many bottles with lids on thrown on the pitch as there were flares.
    And the weird thing is a lot of the bottles were 2 litre bottles! Like, wtf? how can you smuggle a full 2 litre bottle into a stadium without anybody noticing???

And as for flares been legal at football matches, that's just ridiculous!!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

UEFA need to ban Inter from European football for the next two years. The upsurge in Italian football violence has gone unchecked and it will take something like that to make those braindead moron fans sit up and take notice.

However, with UEFA being the ball-less bunch of cowards they are, expect a fine and two games behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

BaZmO* wrote:
    at any concert/outdoor event I've ever been to here they take the lids off the bottles if you buy a drink. But last night there were just as many bottles with lids on thrown on the pitch as there were flares.

in fairness if someone takes the cap off their bottle before going in and put it in their pocket how are the security there meant to know apart from giving 80,000 fans a pat down.

how the inter fans got a scooter in a few years ago is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    in fairness if someone takes the cap off their bottle before going in and put it in their pocket how are the security there meant to know apart from giving 80,000 fans a pat down.

how the inter fans got a scooter in a few years ago is beyond me.

I accept that, but a 2 litre bottle, or at least so many of them is just weird!!

And as for a scooter, well :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This from bbc/football

How should Uefa punish Inter Milan? You said: European ban
    2% Fine
    17% Closed doors games
    71% European ban
    11% Nothing (Italian browsers)
    Total so far: 1318

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

KdjaC wrote:
    Italian fans always had a bad image deservedly so, they created the Ultra monkeys.

Juve dont have any fans average a fe w thousand a league game, tomorrow outside the ground will be the worst. and as England found a few years ago italin police dont actually protect the away fans.

kdjac

Juventus have 10 million fans in Itlay alone.
    They are one of the most supported clubs in the world.
    Thier home games look empty because they get about 45-55 thousand going to the avrage games and with a stadium the size of thier it's going to look like 30 thousand at a man yoo game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seaneh wrote:
    Juventus have 10 million fans in Itlay alone.
    They are one of the most supported clubs in the world.
    Thier home games look empty because they get about 45-55 thousand going to the avrage games and with a stadium the size of thier it's going to look like 30 thousand at a man yoo game...

Could have sworn Football Italia guy said they wanted to move out of Turin due to lack of crowds with 4000 a league game normal if not playing one of the big teams. That was about 3 or 4 years ago and well after they won the CL.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

link
    Inter Milan seek damages from fan
    Friday, April 15, 2005 Posted: 1120 GMT (1920 HKT)

MILAN, Italy (Reuters) -- Inter Milan are seeking damages from a fan arrested by Italian police after the abandonment of their Champions League quarterfinal against AC Milan.

The fan, who Italian police have identified as Michele P, faces charges relating to the throwing of flares and other missiles on to the pitch during Tuesday's second leg.

Inter could be handed a heavy fine and a ban from playing home games at their San Siro stadium when UEFA's disciplinary body meet to discuss the incidents.

Public prosecutor Fabio Roia told the Italian news agency ANSA that Inter had made a formal written claim for damages.

"I consider this a very important signal. It means that the club is distancing itself from its fans," said Roia.

He said that he believed this was the first time an Italian club had positioned itself as the 'injured party' in a case involving crowd trouble.

Inter will suffer heavy financial losses if they are forced to play Champions League games behind closed doors.

ANSA also reported that Franco Caravita, who they called 'one of the leaders of the Inter home end', had been ordered to appear before the Milan public prosecutor's office as part of an investigation into Tuesday's events.

Inter, 2-0 down from the first leg, were trailing 1-0 when the second leg was abandoned after 73 minutes.

The derby was the second time this season that a Champions League game in Italy failed to finish due to crowd trouble, following similar events at AS Roma's game with Dynamo Kiev in September.

Tough crackdown
    In response to calls by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for "drastic measures", Italian soccer officials announced a tough crackdown on missile-throwing.

Exercising special powers, Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president Franco Carraro said referees could suspend, or not even start, a match in which missiles were thrown, flares lit or any banners waved that could cause offense.

A game that was subsequently abandoned would be awarded as a 3-0 defeat for the team whose fans were deemed responsible for the trouble, Carraro said, invoking an existing federation rule.

But that plan was met with strong criticizm from those in the game who think it would be unworkable and could backfire, encouraging fans to interrupt matches with missile-throwing.

"It gives a free hand to the delinquents, they are the ones who should be punished not the clubs who are the victims of these actions," said Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini, who is also vice-president of the Italian football league.

"Carraro's decision was rushed and done to show that the federation is doing something."

Brescia president Gino Corioni said: "Every team has a group of crazy fans who know how to harm a club and that is actually their intention. Carraro's decision is madness."

A spokesman for Italy's police officer's trade union was also critical.

"It would increase the risk for the police. It is the clubs that should provide private security inside their stadiums during the week," he said.
    Thank god they found the person who caused all the trouble in Milan :rolleyes:

Anyone who threw something that night is equally guilty I think and I'd be pretty certain that if they actually have the person who threw the misile at Dida (which is unlikely) that they didn't start the trouble.

Seems like an Italian cop-out, making a statement regarding a scapegoat roughly the same time that Uefa meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rossonero wrote:
    Security took the bottle, removed the cap and handed me the bottle back. They allow flares, but not plastic bottle caps. Weird.

Also, I'm just glad Gattuso wasn't playing. He would have probably climbed the fence to fight the Inter fans!

They were doing that at the Shles - Depor game in Lansdowne aswell (havnt bought a bottle at a match since, don't like having to drink it all in one go).

At this stage, with all the technology in grounds with cameras and the like, surely they should be able to pick out individuals who were throwing the flares, and the person who hit Dida.

I don't think banning the club is great because at the end of the day the club can't choose who supports them or who goes to their games. I think the best way is to ban the individuals and jail them if caught. Surely they can single people out. Might be unworkable but, but in the long run I don't think banning teams from Europe will win through. If someone has enough disregard for a team they are supposed to be supporting surely having to sit at home and watch their next 4 games from the comfort of their armchairs isnt going to stop them doing it again.

Advertisement