Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Server through Wireless Netopia Router

Options
  • 12-04-2005 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

How can I access a server through the above router. I have eircom broadband and when I try to use the IP address of my server, I cant get a connection.

I know its the router thats causing the problem but I don't have a clue how to redirect through the router to the server.

Any ideas??

Cheers,
    pb...................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

what server? where? on the internet? or your own network behind the router?

What kind of connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

jd wrote:
    what server? where? on the internet? or your own network behind the router?

What kind of connection?
    I ask these questions as well

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

JBoss server 3.2.3

Url connection from java client on PDA (J2me / cdc profile)

Server is on a laptop behind router

Sorry for being so vague but I really don't know much about networking........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I amn't sure of what JBoss server actually is but if its a URL connection then i take it you access it through a java applet on a web browser?
    I was going to ask you to make sure hte port is open: 8080 but i'm sure thats already open as you wouldn't be able to view webpages otherwise.

Just noticed that the server is behind laptop. Can you ping the laptop address from the PDA, start here. If no ping then its a network resolve issue.

Advertisement