Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Motorbike Site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

sent you an ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

sent you an ad
    Thanks
    SM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

sent an ad,
    best of luck with the site,

have bookmarked it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Headbanger

Thanks guys... need a few bikes b4 advertising site next month. Doin the finishing touches to the site at the moment.

Trevor
    Irish Bike Sales
    sales@irishbikesales.com
    www.irishbikesales.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 irishbikesales

Well I see theres a wee discussion about us here! hi guys, Ive been spending the past weeks rewriting the whole website in php to run itself automatically. don't be scared off by mention of fees on the site, for the moment we're handing out free vouchers to attract every biker we can meet to the site. Were going to start a heavy advertising campaign pretty soon now, going to do our damnest to make this whole thing work, for us and you guys.

pop by and have a look at the rewritten website, any criticisms welcome. Its not absolutely perfect yet, but its not bad neither!

If you or anyone you know wants to place an ad, heres 50 free vouchers for you boards.ie members to place ads for free on the site, if someones already used one, try the next!

Best of luck with your ads.

Alan Valentine
    webmaster
    www.irishbikesales.com

2131CN

61A0BE

A0BE2F

0BE40E

1A0BE4

261A0B

56E6EQ

E00T3C

ECUUDU

0502F5

E9B431

7FB426

DE0426

BC8A16

2EFE6B

E45BDH

6D5ECF

42AA24

4261A0

A0BF2F

D06C32

57E4D6

958FXI

3C8BD1

9EE44E

9BA542

4E9B52

A4261A

25RY42

C49D51

FAECBB

61A0BF

95EEEF

1A0BFC

39AF48

6C9077

0FODOO

DBD069

8SURLP

128B0R

84310E

E84433

4E4261

6DDB7C

T8O3XF

E3D16A

958DXI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

So, gents, any immediate success stories about this site? I'm currently trying to sell my bike but, so far, without success using Buy&Sell.
    Format of the bike details pages could be clearer. Maybe a table for the tech specs and a smaller font size for the comments would work out better. A bold font differentiating the sellers comments from the questions, or vice versa, might also help.

thanks for the input, I think i might put the seller's comments in italics along the lines of your suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭timaaaaay

From the website:
    We are currently giving away many free advertisements on this site as part of our launch campaign, snatch yourself a free advertisement on the site by finding one of our voucher numbers on flyers at a mondello park event, in motorcycling magazines, or by joining the Boards.ie or Octane biker chat forums

So can I place an ad free then if you give me the go-ahead here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Yeah, use one of the 50 free voucher codes listed he listed in his earlier post...

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Now usually, I'd be stomping on people pimping their own site - but they've had the grace to offer a free service to boards users - so I'm fine with this as long as it's not abused

(And look, here's a casual bump)

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot Borzoi, In hindsight it would have been more proper for me to ask you first before posting like this, but cheers for the support

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I just got a call from someone who saw my bike on this site yesterday... he's coming for a look during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

maybe im missing something obvious but why do you get a picture of the bike when you click to view the ad and not the page with all the details on it?

nice site, lets hope i get a few calls out of my ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Great Site. I got a little bit of interest on my bike. But unfortunatly it came the day after I sold it.

rymus wrote:
    maybe im missing something obvious but why do you get a picture of the bike when you click to view the ad and not the page with all the details on it?

nice site, lets hope i get a few calls out of my ad
    hmm, if you click the name of the ad it will show all the details for that advert, but you're probably right, it would be more logical perhaps to have it link to the advert page if you click on the pic of bike in the index - ill probably change it.

for chatting about any particular bike on the website weve just opened up forums at http://forum.irishbikesales.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naidsy

I am selling a yamaha tdr 125 to fund my new bike (a Yam fzr 250) and am hoping to sell it by next weekend (14th).

It is a late 01 with 9.5k miles. its recently been serviced and needs nothing. the chain and sprockets are new and well maintained, the tyres have at least 5k miles left on them and are good quality tyres (pirelli sport demons front and back) and the brake pads are new. it is wine and black in colour. there is a very small crack in one side of the faring but other wise it is in very good condition. any one interested can call me on 087 2809122 with any questions about it. first offer of €2000 secures for a genuinly lovely lilttle bike. im living in north dublin and can travel reasonable distance to deliver to a buyer.

liamojalopy@yahoo.co.uk

put it up on the site then! just fill out the application and use one of the voucher codes listed in the post above (if theyre not already all gone!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 naidsy

i was puttin the bike on the site but at the end it said that i needed to mail you guys some photo's, and i dont have any!!! my dad just bought a digital camera a few days ago so i could take a few now but the bike is filthy from tuesday's lovely rain display!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

hmm, if you click the name of the ad it will show all the details for that advert, but you're probably right, it would be more logical perhaps to have it link to the advert page if you click on the pic of bike in the index - ill probably change it.

for chatting about any particular bike on the website weve just opened up forums at http://forum.irishbikesales.com

What name? Only hypertext links are to images, so not terribly useful or user friendly. Have tried this several times, Home -> Used bikes, then get a list of bikes, with thumbnails, year, make, CC, location and price. No other details, such as description, extras. Oh and sellers contact details. Missed that one :o

Advertisement