Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keane's not a happy bunny

• 12-04-2005 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

He's giving out about lack of comittment again.
    "People are sick of excuses now," Keane told MUTV. "We are running out of them anyway.

"Results don't lie and the table doesn't lie. Our performance levels have not been good enough.

"Everyone at this club needs to look at themselves and ask whether they are giving 100 percent to the football club.

"I am not sure all the players can say they are. That is a crime in itself."

Keane believes the players have no excuses and that no blame is attached to Ferguson for their shortcomings this season.

"How many chances should a player get," added Keane.

"You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

"The manager provides everything for the players. Everything they want, they get.

"All they have to do is come into training every single day with the attitude of trying to help the team improve.

"It is not about individuals. You can have the most talented players in the world but if you do not play as a team, I guarantee you will win absolutely nothing.

"Every player should be fighting for their place at this club.

"Going back over the years, when we have been at the top of our game, players never took their places in the team or position at the club for granted. That is what made them really good players and what made us an outstanding team.

"It is all right having a laugh in the dressing room but maybe there has been too much laughter. You can go too far the other way.

"What matters is what happens on the pitch. We have talented players at this club, that is obvious, but talent without work rate and pride is a waste of time.

More here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

abccormac wrote:
    "You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Looks like Roy reckons Ruud's time at Man Utd is up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

This is the exact reason why I'm petrified about Keane leaving the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stekelly wrote:
    Looks like Roy reckons Ruud's time at Man Utd is up. :D

Very Good.

Roy is spot on. The problem is can the willingness to get stuck in be instiilled into players or does it need to be there from the outset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Good timing - he's looking for a reaction for the cup semi. AFAIK the team improved drastically after his prawn sambo comment. (wouldn't at all be surprised if Fergie was behind it ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

The arguement that has been continually made about about Man Utds players is that they are only up for the big games ie the champions league, and can't get motivated for the premier league (this is , i think, what keane is saying). I think that this lethargy must be coming from the top down. The simple fact is that most of Utds current team haven't had the success in their careers that the senior Utd players have had, and have no excuse for not being up for it week in week out. I think that the problems stem from management, in both motivation and in tactics.

I am in no way a fan of Keane (while obviously appreciating his huge footballing talents) but the current situation must really stick in his gut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I for one haven't been too impressed with Keane anyway recently. Didn't do much for us against Israel, was invisible against Milan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I for one haven't been too impressed with Keane anyway recently. Didn't do much for us against Israel, was invisible against Milan...
    Keane has had a new role now the past couple of seasons. He can't do much else but stay around the centre circle waiting for a pass. If he was partnered with Neville or Fortune he'd be able to get himself around more. He did what was asked against Israel and if he was a new player making his debut we'd all have been impressed. Forget what Keane used to be like in his 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

eirebhoy wrote:
    Keane has had a new role now the past couple of seasons. He can't do much else but stay around the centre circle waiting for a pass. If he was partnered with Neville or Fortune he'd be able to get himself around more. He did what was asked against Israel and if he was a new player making his debut we'd all have been impressed. Forget what Keane used to be like in his 20's.

Ah I know, everyone talks about this new role. But when Keane got his first goal of the season against Birmingham everyone was saying how great he was because when they were down it was him who picked them up and drove them to victory. But when they were down against Milan he did feck all but pass the ball straight back to whoever he got it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ah but scoring goals from midfield makes you the best player in the world, just ask Frank Lampard. :)

Advertisement