Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borland c++builder 5 database help please!!!

Options
  • 12-04-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Im really stumped on this so if someone could help i would be very gratefull.

I have written a win-cgi webserv program which must manipulate databases.
    the program was working but now when i run the program using "internet information services" on my machine i get the error
    Exception: EDatabaseError
    Message: UserTable: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"

As far as i can tell my odbc settings are right becuase i am using a microsoft access database and it is registering the tables and fields in the c++builder5 ide.
    i use this code to open the databse and it was working but i must have changed a something.

Database1->Open();
    UserTable->Open(); this is the table.

Also if i set the connected property of the database to true the program does not load at all. instead it gives me the error
    Exception: EDBEngineError
    Message: An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2B05)

From the borland website i found that...
    $2B05 : permission denied

This is not an error in my code because i had a few programs connected to different database's but now they all give the same error when run.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    jp

Edit : i think now i am having this problem because i need to enter a username and password even though i have the login property set to false.
    Does anyone know how i can turn off the need to log in each time the program runs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Please someone help. I know someone out there must have an idea. Im totally screwed if i cant get this to work.

Advertisement