Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Media Bonus Pack. Free!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain court decision, would it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

rsynnott wrote:
    This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain court decision, would it? :rolleyes:
    Doubt it - they seem to like releasing a new version of this every few months. They've even released it as a special limited Winter Edition in the past. The audio converter may be new, don't know as it wouldn't be my bag of apples at all.

A better 'special "thanks" for fans of the Windows XP digital media experience' would be releasing a free DVD decoder but that isn't going to happen.

Might be something there for a few people though, especially with some of the better powertoys.

sceptre wrote:
    Doubt it - they seem to like releasing a new version of this every few months. They've even released it as a special limited Winter Edition in the past. The audio converter may be new, don't know as it wouldn't be my bag of apples at all.

A better 'special "thanks" for fans of the Windows XP digital media experience' would be releasing a free DVD decoder but that isn't going to happen.

Might be something there for a few people though, especially with some of the better powertoys.

What, Windows doesn't come with DVD software?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

hmmm,
    try media player classic - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

get rid of wmp , real and quictime all in one go :)

i dont see how making a bloated piece of software more bloated makes it better?

i want to play videos, not see how much ram i can use/ how much bandwith on net connection i can use

edit//
    dont forget dvd playback...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

rsynnott wrote:
    What, Windows doesn't come with DVD software?!
    I suspect most OEMs include a decoder on a prebuilt PC but it's not part of Windows, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

superb bit of kit, that.
    i had 3 .ogm files that crashed media player classic after watching them for 10 mins. videolan played them good and proper :)

i still prefer winamp for playing most .avi and .mpg video files though.

media player sucks balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ive never heard of Videolan before, is it new, or has living in a cave the last few years taken its toll on my knowledge base?

sceptre wrote:
    I suspect most OEMs include a decoder on a prebuilt PC but it's not part of Windows, no.

Hmm, weird (haven't been using it at home since before DVDs became commonplace, just assumed it had came with one like MacOS and most Linux distros)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

most of the better codec packs come with a dvd codec.
    or just install power dvd or whatever came with your pc/dvd drive/gfx card...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Mplayer 4tw!

Advertisement