Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum

Options
  • 13-04-2005 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is anyone else getting p1ssed off with the amount of scum around the city lately?
    Apart from the usual young wannabe's with their hats up on the back of their heads(which are sometimes ok but generally eejits) there seems to be plenty of real scum back around for the summer.
    I'm also all for this name and shame thing that was in the 'people a while back, but I think it would almost become a competition and a laugh for them to get in it.

I recognise plenty of these runts around the place at the weekend(saturdays, sundays) during the day, and know most of their names and some of their adventures. I have also had plenty of (minor) incidents with them myself.

Anyone else notice the scum?
    What about this name and shame thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i just laugh at the state of them, but its the whole new generation of skangers that im worried about-the ones that hang around outside supermacs every evening. im not saying that theres anything wrong with hanging around high st when there is clearly no facilities for teenagers in this town-i did myself when i was 13 and 14, but last saturday afternoon there was about 20 of pi$$ed shouting obscenities at people walking past, and throwing stuff. just wait til this new breed of scum start getting their names in the paper. the name and shame thing is brilliant for the laugh i get out of reading it and should be continued. just looking at them you'd know that the only place they'll be graduating from is St Pats Institution.
    or maybe im being unfair...I do love a good rant!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

yeah its the new range of skangers.pure wannabes if you ask me.you can spot a scoobie a mile away.im not actually from kilkenny but i see the same sort of stuff all over the country

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hate the scum. Unfortunately its the same in most Irish towns these days :(
    They need someone that they start on to turn around and kick the living sh1te out of them before they'll get some cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Agreed, Name and Shame the feckers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Is it really worse than it was?

There are def a lot more "wanna-be" chavs, scobes, knackers, or whatever you want to call them knocking about.

I went to St John's Primary school, so i know a lot of the names that appear in the court case section of the Kilkenny People every week.

Name and shame sounds good. If they are under 18, name the parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 qwertyd

Grand, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

What drives me nuts is the groups of lads with there "over accessorised" cars hanging around the petrol stations ( the back of the BlackQuary is the latest spot)

The brother used to hang around with them, then the father found out and there was war!

They are constantly being watched by the guards for racing around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

With regard to the above edited post, there is no way, but no way.... that there is going to be any naming or shaming of anyone. Regardless of past convictions etc. boardsie's balls would be in the wringer if that post was left to stand.

This thread is close to being locked as it is....

Careful now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 qwertyd

Yeah they're a pain in the arse alright, but at least they don't try to rob you. They more or less just drive around the place(sometimes at speed) but imho the guards should be working on keeping the scum off the street more than "keeping an eye" on the racers. Last saturday afternoon I was in town I didn't see one guard walking around high st/rose in st/ the parade nor john st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

qwertyd wrote:
    Yeah they're a pain in the arse alright, but at least they don't try to rob you. They more or less just drive around the place(sometimes at speed) but imho the guards should be working on keeping the scum off the street more than "keeping an eye" on the racers. Last saturday afternoon I was in town I didn't see one guard walking around high st/rose in st/ the parade nor john st.

There are so many people that you can blame for this:

The individual for being in the way, for shouting at you as you walk down the street.
    The guards for not being there to make them move on.
    The city council for not providing decent facilites so these people can have something to do on a saturday.
    The government for not giving the city council enough money
    The insurance companies for the massive fees they have for insuring things like skate boarding parks, playgrounds and other open areas.
    The parents for allowing their children to act like maggots.
    People like you who are constantly giving out about them.

• Advertisement

How in the name of the god are we to blame?

Its not as if we can go up to them and tell them to stop harassing people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭KroG

Atleast they are puting money into there cars instead of drugs and crap like that

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

I'm heading to Kilkenny on the bank holiday weekend for the cat laughs festival.

Should I be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Norinoco wrote:
    How in the name of the god are we to blame?

Its not as if we can go up to them and tell them to stop harassing people!!

Well if you are somebody that nobody would give the time of day to, if you are somebody taht is looked down upon by people then you aint going to have much self confidence. Teenagers follow the crowd, give them enough encouragment and dont be calling them "scum" and they will follow a less destructive crowd.

Treat someone like an animal and they will act like an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Fr Dougal wrote:
    I'm heading to Kilkenny on the bank holiday weekend for the cat laughs festival.

Should I be worried?

No

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Fr Dougal wrote:

Should I be worried?

Nah... its the same in every Irish town. The Cat Laughs is always a great weekend anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

solice wrote:
    Well if you are somebody that nobody would give the time of day to, if you are somebody taht is looked down upon by people then you aint going to have much self confidence. Teenagers follow the crowd, give them enough encouragment and dont be calling them "scum" and they will follow a less destructive crowd.

Treat someone like an animal and they will act like an animal.

It's not teenagers we're talking about, the issue here is the scum. They do these things of their own choice.

Dougal:
    No, you'll be grand, it's the same as everywhere else really, no worse imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Fr Dougal wrote:

Should I be worried?

Come on down mate, enjoy the festival :D

Fr Dougal wrote:

Should I be worried?

God no...One of the best weekends all year down here.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Lookin forward to it. Should be a good weekend.

Stayin in some B&B, O'Malley's pub. Don't know what it's like but what the hell. Hope it's not too far out of town,

• Advertisement

It is literally a 2 minute walk in to town from the B&B so great for falling home after the pub!

Advertisement