Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top 10 sad bastards on Irish roads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

DMC wrote:
    Never. All of them have a bold font. Why, I do not know. Surely the NCT should fail them all?

Oi !
    I happen to have 5 proper DL plates.
    2 cars and a trailer .. all regulation font, size, & layout.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Drummer wrote:
    1. I think bull bars look well and dress the front of a vehicle. It isn't as though not having them makes the mown pedestrian more comfortable.
    There are precious few bulls wandering around on Dublin streets.
    Lets be more accurate and call them 'pedestrian bars'.
    ... and not having them makes the mown pedestrian considerably more alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

LFCFan wrote:
    ...What's nearly as bad though is the muppet behind the slow driver not overtaking when it's clear to do so.
    Forgot about them. Ya they make the problem worse, and probably the cause of the problem in the first place.
    Like most decent drivers can over-take at least one car at a time, but there are fewer who dare to over-take two cars at a time. And once you have two, it becomes three very soon, Then four, five, and so on. And pretty soon you get a moving road block.

dealgan wrote:
    Oi !
    I happen to have 5 proper DL plates.
    2 cars and a trailer .. all regulation font, size, & layout.

:D
    Well what can we say? You're one of the nice ones. ;)

Going home through the streets of Dublin last night, I did see a Donegal reg with the correct font, size and layout.
    I couldn't be wrong could I? Still, one swallow does make a summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I hate bus drivers that just pull out with no indiction, they are bas*tards for it, they always do it, they pull out without looking or caring, force you nearly into the other lane and blame you for it even though they dont indicate, errrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I'd like to add to that list (in an effort to create more awareness and make the roads that bit safer for everyone)

12) People who overtake at +2mph above the legal limit and force you into a highly dangerous double overtaking maneuver, and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance at mach10..

11) People who floor it just as you're about to join the 'duel' carriageway.. and then have the cheek to flash you for undertaking them and disappearing into the distance at mach10..

13) People who pull out to overtake just as you're approaching mach10 while passing around 16cars in a line.. and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance..

14) People who take 30mph zones waaay too seriously, do they even realise its only a guideline?, and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance at mach10..
    You know who you are, GET OFF THE ROAD you fecking numpties !! smiley_gun07.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I once got done for 32mph in a 30mph zone at 4am in the morning!!!!!! IR£60 i think it cost me...
    some times i just wanna cry :(

what if a baby had absconded and downed a 3l bottle of cider and was attempting to cross this road (to ring a taxi or get nappies or something), that 2mph could have been the difference between life & death, and is thus totally unacceptable, unless it were a bmw with superior brakes ? anything else im afraid is just a tad irresponsible and you'll get no sympathy here (unless it was a bmw of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

528i wrote:
    what if a baby had absconded and downed a 3l bottle of cider and was attempting to cross this road (to ring a taxi or get nappies or something), that 2mph could have been the difference between life & death, and is thus totally unacceptable, unless it were a bmw with superior brakes ? anything else im afraid is just a tad irresponsible and you'll get no sympathy here (unless it was a bmw of course)

It was a Renault Megane Van, the 1.7L straight diesel type.
    I am soooo ashamed and do apologise. :o
    Having said that, would my IR£60 do that baby any good?

no but it will go some way towards eradicating the prison rape problem and help facilitate the much needed resources required to put dangerous nutcase's like you behind bars for a brief spell to help concentrate their minds and contemplate on their actions, before being released back into society minus the cavalier attitude as regards road safety.

• Advertisement

528i wrote:
    I'd like to add to that list (in an effort to create more awareness and make the roads that bit safer for everyone)

12) People who overtake at +2mph above the legal limit and force you into a highly dangerous double overtaking maneuver, and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance at mach10..

11) People who floor it just as you're about to join the 'duel' carriageway.. and then have the cheek to flash you for undertaking them and disappearing into the distance at mach10..

13) People who pull out to overtake just as you're approaching mach10 while passing around 16cars in a line.. and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance..

14) People who take 30mph zones waaay too seriously, do they even realise its only a guideline?, and then have the cheek to flash you as you disappear into the distance at mach10..
    You know who you are, GET OFF THE ROAD you fecking numpties !! smiley_gun07.gif

Hear, hear.

15) Just anyone who has the cheek to flash you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

528i wrote:
    .... that 2mph could have been the difference between life & death, and is thus totally unacceptable, unless it were a bmw with superior brakes ? ......QUOTE]

Hope you'r joking, otherwise, while your prior comments were pretty true to life, this one gets a 5-finger salute. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

prospect wrote:
    It was a Renault Megane Van, the 1.7L straight diesel type.
    I am soooo ashamed and do apologise. :o
    Having said that, would my IR£60 do that baby any good?
    now I know you are lying - a megavan diesel would never get up to 32mph :D

Advertisement