Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic ASP Shopping Cart

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know how I could go about making a simple asp shopping cart, that allows a user to add/delete/update contents in their shopping cart. and how to add up all the items in their shopping cart when they are ready to check out.
    Do u know of any books or links where I could teach myself the basics, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

My mission is to help all those out there yet to discover a little known search facility on the web called google. There may be other search sites too but don't quote me on it - http://www.asp101.com/samples/viewasp.asp?file=shopping%2Easp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think you're going about this the wrong way, you'll really need to learn asp and then apply that to solving your problem. Otherwise you'll end up with a copy&pasted solution that you won't really understand fully and won't be able to support or enhance. 4 Guys From Rolla is a great site to learn ASP and ASP.net, their sites a bit harder to navigate now then it used to be (mainly because there's so much stuff on it) but it's still very good. I'm pretty sure they even have a shopping cart sample if you do want to go that route.

Advertisement