Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good model shops around?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 4:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,
    I live in Clare . Can anyone recommend any good model shops for RC cars .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Model Heli Services is the only model shop in Clare as far as I know (it's run out of a guys garage :) ). Alternatively, you could drive up to Modelworld in Galway. There's also one in Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

Theres a small one in ennis.

I reckon a few more in towns just not know about :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

Fobia wrote:
    Model Heli Services is the only model shop in Clare as far as I know (it's run out of a guys garage :) ). Alternatively, you could drive up to Modelworld in Galway. There's also one in Cork :)

The 1 in cork isnt really good for Cars unless u have a cen road car Ur best bit is to order in from modelsport in england.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

The small model shop that Devion is referring to I think is called the Model Centre.
    It is located in Lifford (Beside Kelly Korner),Ennis.
    The number is 065 6892691
    and e-mail, modcen@esatclear.ie

Maybe you could add this to the sticky Fobia?

Hakko

Maybe you could add this to the sticky Fobia?

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Here are two I think you should add Fobia.
    www.modelsport.co.uk
    www.rccarsandtrucks.co.uk

The first one modelsport has a large selection but the delivery is slow to Ireland.

I have used the second one antics a few times now and the will get parts to you within a week. Very helpfull if you phone and have a huge range.

dts wrote:
    Here are two I think you should add Fobia.

Done and done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WKD

Yeah, I need some fuel for my car and don't like the thought of taking a trip up to dublin. Anyone know of shops that are close to Limerick or that WILL delivery fuel?????

You should have read the sticky,well at least the thread! I have already said there is one in ennis,which isnt too far from limerick,im sure you could buy it in bulk to save you a journey each time you need a gallon,what part of limerick u from? is there a club around?

Hakko

Yeah I read the one about ennis but thought is was a flying thingy, lol. I'm on the ennis road, lol, so I'm half way there I guess. I'm only starting in this model thing, more of an online gamer tbh, no clubs that I know of.
    But if enough people are interest in it we could get one going, I'm a webdesigner so I could easily design a webby for it.

Hold on...... that sounds like a plan.

• Advertisement

WKD wrote:
    Yeah I read the one about ennis but thought is was a flying thingy,

It's fuel, not flying fuel :)

Also, what game do you play?

Counter Strike Source is my game, my clan is GB-UK, www.gb-ukclan.com. I design the webby for em and we're thinking of going to Battlefield 2 aswell so I started an new site for that too, www.gb-ukclan.com/battlefield, check it out.

The Model Centre in Ennis sell cars so I presume the sell car fuel if not you could try www.modelheliservices.com (Contact Details On There..) its on the other side of Ennis but has way more stock than the model centre.

I Once had a Nitro car but sold it as I kept on crashing it into curbs and the like and I had no1 else to play with :( !!!
    But if a club started up in limerick I would prob re-invest some funds and buy another 1..
    Planes are my thing at present..

Hakko

P.S. That clan site is designed pretty well,well done! :D

WKD wrote:
    Counter Strike Source is my game, my clan is GB-UK, www.gb-ukclan.com. I design the webby for em and we're thinking of going to Battlefield 2 aswell so I started an new site for that too, www.gb-ukclan.com/battlefield, check it out.

I disapprove of both above games. :)

That clan site is designed pretty well,well done! :D

@ Fobia - wots wrong with em??

WKD wrote:

@ Fobia - wots wrong with em??

You don't want to hear me rant about CS or battlefield, trust me..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Aaaww ...go on !

go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, :p:D

Heh, ok, but please don't start arguing - I think we've gone off topic enough!

Let me start with cs. The game of noobs I call it :) . You start off in cs, with any FPS experience at all you're already on an average level. A bit of practice and you have the movement and aim all sorted out no problem. So, people who think they are good at cs are really quite unskilled. Of course, this will bring about the arguement that good cs is about teamplay, but I'll get back to that later.

Battlefield: good concept, can make for enjoyable games, but should NOT be taken seriously. The physics engine is just plain bad. It's like opflash but without proper hitboxes :) . Having a big money prize for a bf:v tourni (Gamecon) is just plain stupid imo.

Now, back to cs. We've established that it's easy to learn the basics, and that the competitive stuff is all about teamplay and strategy. This is fair enough, but what bugs is that people seem to think that the teamplay/strategy in cs is in anyway complex. Let's take some proper games. I'd like to outline basic spawn strategy for dm3 in quakeworld, but that would take pages and even I don't have it perfect. Instead, let's look a
    less-skilfull-but-still-alot-moreso-than-cs game, q3. Have a look at the starts for the most played map, pro-q3dm6, keeping in mind that these are written by someone who isn't anywhere near top notch in the q3 scene; the top clans have much more complex strategy.

So, from the eyes of the onlooking newbie let us compare cs and qw. Cs looks more advanced; you buy weapons, it's all about teamplay. Qw is just about pointing and clicking. But if you look at it properly, you'll find that qw is just so much more deep, and requires so much more skill than cs (people have been playing qw for 2+hours a day for 9 years now, and still havent mastered it.). "Fair enough you say, qw is better, but why do you hate cs?". Well, you can still become a professional gamer playing this mediocre
    FPS, and yet people who've been playing qw for nine years straight havent a chance of winning more than €100 in highly skilled 4on4 tournis.

And yet, people still take up cs every day. That's why I hate it.

Now back on topic people :)

As a great green puppet once said, "mmmmm!, the grumpyness is strong in you".

FPS??? I have 120 fps on most maps and have great reg all the time. People who complain about FPS need to invest in a new PC.

These are all games, not to be taken seriously. Playing on a server requires little or no skill, but playing in a match is totally different. My clan hosts a 16 v 16 match on our server every saturday night and it gives the average and skilled players a chance to have a go in a match environment against GB-UK. And, as they have found out, things are totally different in a match. People who have skill get delt with quickly and often are found hiding in a corner waiting for a stray back to shoot.
    Matches require skill and training, or you don't win. GB-UK came 4th in europe last year and have won a few different leagues this season so far.

Now odviously, you don't like the game for whatever reason, but it's my game of choice and is what I enjoy playing. I don't campare it to any other game because, I choose not to play any other game.

You have your game, I have mine, thats my 2 cents.
    Also, yes this has gone off topic but since you put the time and effort in your post I thought it was only fair to reply.

• Advertisement

FPS = First Person Shooter, fps = frames per second (could be the other way round, but I meant first person shooter anyway).

I've played cs with players from Alert, dAc and some other clan, so I know how the good guys play etc....my arguement still holds though :)

Indeed I never tried to stop you from playing cs, I just hate the game and as such, I disapprove.

Anyhow, back to the subject. After coming back off me hols, I finally got my ass down to the model shop in INCH, just outside ennis, nice setup down there tbh, very helpful as I have no clue what I'm doing, lol. Got me fuel, filter, glow thingy and some good advice. This nitro car is my first and I was gobsmacked with the speed of the thing. So was my dog after it did rings around him, great fooking fun. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

So what did you get???????????????????? :D

Advertisement