Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp Usb?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I now have my psp but there was no usb cable included :( will this cable do on its own or do I need the software to go with it :confused:

USB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, thats the cable. If you have any kind of MP3 player that allows transfer by USB, then chances are that cable will work (its not a special PSP USB cable).

To enable the connection, there is an option in the PSP interface to initiate the connection (start the PSP without a UMD and look around the options screens). Check your manual for more info.

Your PSP memory card will appear as an extra drive in Windows Explorer (so no special software is required).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I have a usb for my n-gage that fits & I tried it but couldn't find the usb connection. I didn't try to look for it on the psp though so maybe that could have been the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, you have to initiate the connection from the PSP itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

I used the one for my digital camera. Just plug it from the PC into the top of the PSP. The first thing I did was format the memory card that came with the PSP (don't do this if you have savegames!) and it laid out the dir properly and I just had to copy over music, photos and video! T'was no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You need to plug the USB cable into your PC and PSP. Turn on the PSP [if it isint already on] and go into Settings and select 'USB Connection'. The PSP will appear as a removable drive and you will be able to access your Memory Stick DUO and add files etc. Press X on the PSP to then close the connection.

Remember when adding files to add them in to the spcial folders. For music place it in [DRIVE]:\PSP\Music etc. Movies have to be encoded into MPEG4 and placed into [DRIVE]:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01. They also use odd filenames when encoded so watchout for that one.There are enough tutorials and stuff on the net explining it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

ok cheers mate, I'll try first thing when I get home

Advertisement