Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn Direct Online quotes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Are those Bestquote prices for real? Anyone actually but the insurance at the cost they quoted or even within 200 of it?

I'm going on a provisional License. I am 18 years old, going 19 on July. No experience on road. Going to be driving a Rover 400 1.39 litre.
    Quin Direct quote me €3200 ( I orginally thought these the best until..)
    Bestquote.ie: €1585.

Its a bit too little to be real, or is it?

Thanks,
    Webmonkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is that third party only or something?
    I pay €1330 to quinn for TPF&T on a 1.25 fiesta zetec, but I'm 22 with a full licence (only passed my test at the end of January though).
    Funnily enough, I tried bestquote last night and they quoted me over €1500 for TPF&T for the same car. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

Can I really trust Quinn-directs online quotes??
    I'm 22 with a prov licence and absolutely no driving exp that counts (I've driven a bike for 3 years but that doesnt count) and get quoted €2100 for a 1 litre VW polo which seemed fair enough to me but then only €2450 approx. for a 1.8 litre Golf!!! wtf??
    Is that right? cos if I was to buy a bigger car than I had originally planned I would like to be assured of the insurance quote beforehand.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

IrishTW wrote:
    Can I really trust Quinn-directs online quotes??
    I'm 22 with a prov licence and absolutely no driving exp that counts (I've driven a bike for 3 years but that doesnt count) and get quoted €2100 for a 1 litre VW polo which seemed fair enough to me but then only €2450 approx. for a 1.8 litre Golf!!! wtf??
    Is that right? cos if I was to buy a bigger car than I had originally planned I would like to be assured of the insurance quote beforehand.
    what you should do is ring quinn direct and see what they quote you on the phone. If it's the same or close then you're in good shape. At the end of the day though, the quote you get online is valid for 40 days so I can't see how they could screw you afterwards?

Advertisement