Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electroplankton - still waiting... but in the meantime...

Options
  • 13-04-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Still waiting for my import copy of Electroplankton.

but i came across this - which is very similar to one of the game modes in electroplankton.

Explanation here

download the client here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'm gonna order a copy later, I was a bit concerned about the whole not being able to read japanese thing, but apparently the reading is absolutely minimalistic. Where did you order your copy? Was thinking of play-asia.com myself.
    I can't wait to annoy the people on the train with this one....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ordered from Lik-sang (as I've bought from them before and been fairly happy with the service). It seems they are waiting for more stock to arrive in, but a look around at NCSX and PlayAsia and YesAsia all appear to be the same. NCSX says more stock is arriving on the 13th (today).

You could also get it from ebay.

In the meantime - try the "game" above. Needs sound though.

Here's some new electroplankton footage.
    Its about 15mins long and 40mb in size.

Mirror1
    Mirror2

Holy **** that's amazing, I'm ordering that game tonight. When I was playing the video everyone in class was over watchin, and they were all in awe. It's the game that made me want a ds and I think it'll make the purchase really worthwhile.
    Was playing with the balldropping game earlier, fun but the balls bounce very strangely, didn't stop me from playing with it for an hour though, it's like the fist time I played the game of life(not the stupid board game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I ain't gonna lie, I only went to a site or two to check if they had info, then got lazy....

...So my question is, is there a European release date for this game? It looks great so I may well just import, but I am low on funds so if the game is coming out over here in a month or two I could wait.

• Advertisement

I ain't gonna lie, I only went to a site or two to check if they had info, then got lazy....

...So my question is, is there a European release date for this game? It looks great so I may well just import, but I am low on funds so if the game is coming out over here in a month or two I could wait.
    no release date or indication that it will be released here... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There isn't even a USA release date yet (we'll be third to get it, as usual).

The video looks interesting (and the 'game' looks fun), but is there enough there to hold your attention for long periods of time? Looks like about 6-8 different games in performance mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

K, explains why I couldn't find it. Well then I await your reaction Reactor.

Got my copy of Electroplankton this morning - thank you Mr DHL - but haven't had a full chance to play it due to being in work and not wanting to start singing and clapping into the microphone.

Came in a nice package, with a pair of headphones (in ear jobbies) - cheap enough looking, won't make me want to change from the headphones I already use, but a nice touch anyway. The ingame menus are in Japanese and english, but the manual is in japanese and its quite extensive. Some online forums have started working on translations for it. (if anyone knows japanese i'll gladly upload scans of the manual for translation purposes).

As i said, being in work, I haven't really been able to play rec-rec, volvoice, or nanocarp. Of the ones I've played beatnes is a helluva lot of fun, very hypnotic. The lumiloop is surprisingly fun, it was the one I thought looked crappest, but its actually fun to fool around with.

I'll give a better impression when I've had more time with it.

Also arrived this morning was my Battle Stylus (http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NINDS) - very quick shipping on that one (think i ordered it last thursday).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There is absolutely no point to this game. And yet I can see myself being mesmerised by the game for hours on the bus if the game that you linked to in your first post is anything to go by.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There is absolutely no point to this game. And yet I can see myself being mesmerised by the game for hours on the bus if the game that you linked to in your first post is anything to go by.
    The hanenbow mode is the one similar to balldropping - however, instead of drawing lines you rotate leaves - and instead of balls you have plankton. Its not as customisable as balldroppigns but its a lot more musically satisfying than the chaos that often erupts from balldroppings.

anyway - here's the page from the manual for hanenbow...

hanenbow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

TmB wrote:
    There isn't even a USA release date yet (we'll be third to get it, as usual).

It's by no means certain that this game will be released outside Japan, although the amount of praise it's been getting could prompt someone to do so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i saw hanenbow mode in the video. Looks like great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How difficult is it to play and understand? I'm tempted to order it along but without a word of Japanese, I'm not sure it's worth it. Same thing with Harvest Moon.

How difficult is it to play and understand? I'm tempted to order it along but without a word of Japanese, I'm not sure it's worth it. Same thing with Harvest Moon.
    Both playing and understanding are easy - with the exception of nanocarp - where there are some complicated commands.

But people are already translating it

eg http://smallseyss.vderhorst.nl/nanocar.jpg

The manual is full of diagrams etc. So you don't need to know any japanese (with the exception of the above).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers. Just ordered it along with Meteos.

I got my copy about 2 weeks ago. I thought I should leave it till the initial excitement wore off before I rambled about how great it is......but yeah it's really really good. There are 2 or 3 of the games I've barely touched, but lumiloops, recrec and that one with the arrows with the name I can't remember, they all are absolutely engrossing. Everyone who has played it loves it, pretty surprisisng to see who likes what games, beatnes and recrec seem to be loved by all who play. Everyone seems to ask the question, how do you clear it? It seems games made purely for fun have become a bit of a foreign concept for some......Another thing that really grabbed me was the overall presentation, the manual is full of doodles and the games packaging looks great. It's my favourite game of the year so far.

I recommend it to any DS owner with €35 euro to spare.

Advertisement