Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Film Series.

• 13-04-2005 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I was just wanting to see the thoughts of others on this. So, what your favourite film series. To get the ball rolling, I have two favourites. First of all Bond movies and second of all The Matrix trilogy. Okay, now it's everybody else's turn. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Has to be Star Wars. If I can still be eager (as I am) to watch Ep3 after the last effort AOTC then the series must have some kind of hold on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Usual suspects for me really:
    Star Wars
    LOTR
    Indiana Jones
    American Pie
    Godfather

I didn't like the last few Bond movies. Brosnan was great but the movies still sucked.
    I'd really like to be able to say the matrix but those sequels were just not up to the standard set by the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Evil Dead films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Evil Dead films.

Definately.

Also, Star Wars, the bond movies, and....

Robocop. I know the 3rd was pathetic but the first two were so amazing it makes up for it!

LOTR was a decent set, as was the Godfather and American Pie.

The Matrix.....I just think its all over hyped rubbish that relies far too much on CG....first one was good though TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Got to be the following for me.

The matrix
    American Pie
    Terminator
    Batman
    And as I kid I loved Police Academy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Indiana Jones and Back to the Future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The Alien Trilogy (its still a trilogy!)
    LOTR
    Star Wars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Evil Dead
    The Matrix
    LOTR
    Godfather
    Terminator
    Rocky
    A Fistful of Dollars Series
    The Alien Series
    American Pie
    Star Wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

I can't believe american pie is getting a mention among the terminator/Back to the future/rocky etc.. what's wrong with you people!!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I disagree with a few of these... (rolling up sleeves and preparing for backlash)

1. Bond... call me crazy but i do not like James Bond. I do not know what it is, maybe that i do not take him seriously as a hero, maybe because the majority and i mean the majority of the movies are quite bad IMO. Or maybe because he is british! But seriously no, definately not for me.

2. The Matrix... honestly cannot like this series. What was original and inspiring becomes everyday and annoying ten minutes into the second movie.

3. American Pie... same jokes, different day.

What i do agree with despite some bad movies in their collections are:
    Star Wars
    Alien
    Indiana jones
    LOTR
    Godfather

amongst others...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

The Alien series
    The Godfather
    LOTR