Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime

Options
  • 13-04-2005 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

So why did nobody tell me this game was so good. The environments are amazing and the attention to detail is great. Really enjoying it!

So in Echoes does she lose all of her abilities that you regain through this game? I am going to assume so but how does that work??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*drool*
    Metroid Prime = best game ever. Bar none.
    And yes, at the start of Echoes
    when Dark Samus decides to let the Ing play with you
    you lose all your abilities. I'm not going to say any more, just finish Prime
    Get the 100% items ending and it leads into MP2E
    , and then buy Echoes.
    How far into Prime have you gotten?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have you been living in a cave? The Metroid Prime games are two of the most critically acclaimed games of the last 5 years and have a big following here on boards. I'm off to buy a lump hammer to beat this information into the head of any one I see buying a NFSU game.

Samus seems to have a nack for losing all her abilities at the start of a game. The silly girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

nevernev wrote:
    So why did nobody tell me this game was so good. The environments are amazing and the attention to detail is great. Really enjoying it!

So in Echoes does she lose all of her abilities that you regain through this game? I am going to assume so but how does that work??

Yes she does, but it's done in a fairly clever way.
    All her abillities are stolen off her by aliens and she has to fight each one as the game prorgresses in mini boss battles so she can get her powers back. The aliens use her own abilities against her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Metroid and Zelda are turning me into a nintendo fanboy aaaaaaargh.

Hehehehe. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Oh god damn you all, reopening these old wounds. Long and sleepless nights have I spent dreaming of the day when I am reunited with my little cube of joy and a copy of Echoes. 'Prime was indeed one of the best games I've ever played. I MUST have Echoes!

It is my DESTINY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

To play 2 id have to buy myself a new tv... DAMN YOU 60Hz

Prime is a superbly excellent game, i havent picked it up in a while as college has taken over... must get back to it soon, i only made to the snow drifts (Plendortha or something)

Phendrana. One of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen in a game. And the part where you see Ridley flying over Phendrana Shorelines is one of my favourite gaming moments.
    And this thread is REALLY tempting me to play through MP again once my exams are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

And this thread is REALLY tempting me to play through MP again once my exams are over.

Me too, but have another 5 or so playthroughs of RE:4 left first....

I've still got to finish RE4 too.
    Stupid, STUPID exams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

aye ive got about 25 games to get through and if you turned the amount of time i spent on halo 2 on live in the last two weeks i couldve finished about 4 of those games. online gaming is toooooo addictive.

i thuoght you hated metroid prime kirby? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I have an xbox with about 40 games (modded) I haven't switched it on since I got the GC and metroid is better value than most if not all of the xbox games.
    I find that xbox and PS allow any kack onto their consoles but Nintendo seem to be pretty fussy about what they license, they do get caught up with "having" to host some pretty dire multi-platform titles but if you get a nintendo exclusive title you are pretty much guaranteed of one thing.....Quality.
    I have missed out on Nintendo for 32 years and thought at times the stuff was cutesy and cuddly but if you look past that you have some of the best gameplay ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

*cough*

/obligatory 'Told you so' quote from a Nintendo admirer (not fanboy, they're not perfect and I love my lickle PStwo loads)

:D

Now if only more people could see the fun, the world would probably be a bit warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

its threads like this that make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside :)
    make sure you finish prime before getting echoes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Phendrana Drifts music is teh win.

Sico wrote:
    Phendrana Drifts music is teh win.
    along with the crashed frigate and talon overworld 2 music. best game soundtrack ever tbh.

<3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The crashed frigate was one of the most beautiful and atmospheric moments Ive experienced in any entertainment media. It's up there with the best parts of ICO and panzer dragoon azel.

I've got the soundtrack on CD and it also lives on my iPod.
    Tallon Overworld 1st = win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Well i am glad that i started playing it for sure.
    How far into Prime have you gotten?

I have just finished the research labs and my favourite thing is to break the glass that holds a metroid and watch it run around and kill all of the pirates for me. Then a few rockets to it and the entire room is cleared. Makes me feel very clever indeed.
    The ice scenes were really really gorgeous. I remember about ten minutes into laying thinking that the visuals are amazing!
    best game soundtrack ever tbh.

Yes! The music in Magmoor Caves is my favourite so far. But the whole soundtrack is amazing.
    Have you been living in a cave? The Metroid Prime games are two of the most critically acclaimed games of the last 5 years and have a big following here on boards.

Yes i have actually and i would appreciate it if you would not make fun of me... :)
    Seriously, i always knew and heard it was great but just never thought it was THAT great if you know what i mean. Now that i am playing it i am shocked at the sheer brilliance of it.
    I have been converted...!

nevernev wrote:
    Well i am glad that i started playing it for sure.
    I have just finished the research labs and my favourite thing is to break the glass that holds a metroid and watch it run around and kill all of the pirates for me. Then a few rockets to it and the entire room is cleared. Makes me feel very clever indeed.
    Still a long way to go then. Savour every moment.
    Yes! The music in Magmoor Caves is my favourite so far. But the whole soundtrack is amazing.
    Magmoor Caverns theme is my ringtone... It's a remix of the Norfair theme from Super Metroid.
    Seriously, i always knew and heard it was great but just never thought it was THAT great if you know what i mean. Now that i am playing it i am shocked at the sheer brilliance of it.
    I have been converted...!
    Yay! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Still a long way to go then. Savour every moment.

Will do. I am only about 29% complete at this point. So there is a lot to go then... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Another fan of the tallon overworld 1 theme here, though my favourite MP theme was the space pirate attack theme from echoes.

This game nearly ruined my second year of college, and nearly lost me my part time job at the time. All those late nights and bloodshot eye days were worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

similar situation here...2nd year of uni moved in with 3 mates we had a large selection of consoles. Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, saturn and mega drive havnt been doing much work.

Metroid prime sucked up a large amount of time. Then Knights of The old republic. We got bored of the xbox so traded it in for ps2 with the metal gear solids (all of em) and Kigndom hearts.

Then Echos showed up in the house...i'm gonna fail *wahhhhhhh boo hoo hoo* also throw in a broadband connection with battlefield 1942/vietnam, half life 1+2, Rome Total war and Warhammer 40k.....*sigh* should change courses from film studies to games studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Is this game an out and out shooter?
    I know this game was well regarded, but I'm terrible at FPS games. Is it worth a go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

eyerer wrote: »
    I know this game was well regarded, but I'm terrible at FPS games. Is it worth a go?

I'm not a fan of FPS games at all but I love Metroid Prime. It's more about exploration and puzzles than anything else and there is a lock-on when shooting so it's not a traditional FPS by any stretch of the imagination.

Another fan of the Tallon Overworld 1 theme here, so awe-inspiring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

ahhh young retr0gamer. if only i could tell you what i now know

(me jazzy btw, forgot to log out. doh)

Eeek... 5 year old posts!
    Dying to play through this again, but my nephew nicked my memory card with all of my good savegames on it.
    Might see if I can get the Wii trilogy cheap anywhere instead and start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Absolutely loved this game, would love to dig out the GC and go back to this, but am worried about ruining my memories of it. Any time I've gone back to games I've loved I'm always disappointed, also have a feeling its going to look terrible compared to how I remember it :(
    eyerer wrote: »

You do most of your shooting using lock on so you don't need to be good at FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Whoa, I didn't notice the dates on those posts, no wonder it was all about Echoes with no mention of Corruption or the Trilogy. It's a shame the Trilogy is being discontinued.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Eeek... 5 year old posts!
    Dying to play through this again, but my nephew nicked my memory card with all of my good savegames on it.
    Replace "my nephew" with "my flatmate" and you've got the story of what happened to my 100% items/100% scans save game... :(

Would love to play through it again too, but I've set myself a No Gaming During Term rule for the 2nd semester of my masters!

Advertisement