Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Did Corruption live up to the first two? Never bought a Wii but would be tempted to get a hold of one if its worth my time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Corruption is excellent but I think it's the weakest of the series due to the atmosphere being ruined a little with the lack of the sense of isolation. Also it doesn't really get hard until well into the game but when it does some of the boss fights are great. Still well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Having already played the first, Bought the Wii trilogy and that 'Mote just adds a whole extra level of involvement in that game. Turn the targeting off and let your arm burn :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

corruption control scheme is the best example of FPS controls on Wii.

However, it is the least good of the games. Still better than 90% of the crap out there.

The first two games were awesome. Echoes was the most difficult IMO. The first one was still the best and the environments were simply amazing.

I hope next gen, Nintendo go HD and bring us some HD remake of Metroid Prime with all new graphics for extra drooling :D

thebman wrote: »

I hope next gen, Nintendo go HD and bring us some HD remake of Metroid Prime with all new graphics for extra drooling :D
    :D:):o:( Yeeeeahh.... about that.

http://kotaku.com/5448702/nintendo-of-america-president-downplays-need-for-hd-content

http://kotaku.com/5447427/reggie-dont-count-on-wii-successor-in-the-coming-months

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm sure they'll down talk it forever but they will have to do it eventually. The next console they release will have to support HD if they like it or not :P

Everyone has a HDTV now or most people and people want HD content. Granted it is too expensive for some at the moment but that will change and it isn't very expensive to get a Bluray player anymore an they will start to sell more and more and then people are going to expect HD especially from games.

Wii games look caressing at this stage even if they are still fun to play. Hell I was playing Gran Turismo on my brothers PS2 the other day an the jaggies were annoying me like they were when playing Playstation games after the PS2 was released. I'm just too used to HD content.

Nintendo can't afford to not go HD. Its going past the early adopter phase soon and digital tv alone will make the Wii look poor for people still using scart connections.

We'll see but anyway, I want me so some HD Metroid Prime or else Nintendo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Is it worth re-buying a gamecube for the metroid games?
    I also never played viewtiful joe or killer 7.

Feel unsure as I already had a cube and was talked into selling it.

You dont need to buy a Gamecube. The Wii is totally backwards compatible. Metroid has also been released as a Wii Trilogy, with motion controls for 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I know, but I have zero interest in getting a Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

thebman wrote: »
    corruption control scheme is the best example of FPS controls on Wii.

However, it is the least good of the games. Still better than 90% of the crap out there.

The first two games were awesome. Echoes was the most difficult IMO. The first one was still the best and the environments were simply amazing.

I would love Corruption if I could've used my Gamecube controller. Wii FPS control just don't gel for me at all and I grew tired of that stupid arm movement to open certain doors very very quickly. I'm convinced I would've played Corruption to the end if I didn't use the remote. As for Metroid Prime, what an incredible game, blew the socks off me when it was released and good to see a lot of games have taken inspiration from it in the last few years (Arkham Asylum)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

it is one of my biggest gaming regrets not completing this. The feeling of adventure was massive due to the fear of not finding a save point in time. Although that could have been why i quit in the first place

Advertisement