Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Juve (we deserve our own thread)(will incl scores)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

juve fans were a disgrace, in the back of the star today: "no excuse, english animals" and "you are more ugly than camilla" and the god exists one is particularily vicious.

juve fans did everything to incite violence.

delighted we beat them!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    put it this way,peoples fathers,brothers,sons were killed by Liverpool fans 20years ago,just cause after 20years of suffering Liverpool make a banner saying "friendship" doesnt mean ppl are instantly going to forget the hate and hurt Liverpools fans had caused them,and believe me had juve fans killed Liverpool fans 20years ago I guarantee you that Liverpools fans' response to Juve at Anfield would be much more violent than Juves fans response to Liverpool at turin.There was one case where a man was hit in the head with a bat the night before the game,he didnt even had to go to hospital and it was very well documented,so Im pretty sure if any significant crowd trouble happended it would be in todays papers.

Liverpool fans also threw bottles back,non of the bottles had caps on them so they werent missiles,no one got hit,and the police instantly stopped it.

I cant believe you think Juve fans were bad last night,under the circumstances i know little clubs in europe that couldve behaved as well as we did.

you said nothing happened. I said it did. The papers did cover the trouble. The chap who was hit with the iron bar has several stiches in the head. Don't come on here and make apologist remarks re: hooligans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

i said if any SIGNIFICANT crowd trouble happended,did any Liverpool fans had to be taken to hospital with serouis injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes there did, that one who got beaten with a baseball bat who went to hospital, got stitched up and then went to the game.

Nice to see you join boards the soccer forum just in time for you to be a poor loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Good to see no crowd trouble in Turin last night as I said before real Juve fans arent like that.
    SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    i said if any SIGNIFICANT crowd trouble happended,did any Liverpool fans had to be taken to hospital with serouis injuries?
    Maybe you just forgot to edit your original post before posting the second. ;)

But in all fairness, there was not that much crowd trouble. Particularly not nearly as much as we were led to believe there would. But at least the papers are running all the stories to justify their original scaremongering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon chaps lets not allow a great result get lost in a welter of common abuse!

As for those who said it was a poor game well they clearly dont recall the Liverpool of old who frequently bored thier way to a European Cup final in the 70s/80s.

We saw some exciting footie the games against Monaco home, Depo away, Olympiakos at home, Leverkusen in both legs and the first game against Juve.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

please turn to RTE1 maybe then u can discover why some juve fans hate liverpool fans,its disgusting what liverpool did,i was under the impression juve fans were to blame too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

this is twenty years on doesnt matter who was to blame are you saying its ok for juve fans to abuse liverpool fans forever because of what happened 20 years ago??

you cant justify the juventus fans thug like behaviour by pointing to other bad behaviour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Liverpool have had there fair share of tragedies ... today is the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster ... which was another case of terrible organisation and forsight ... You cannot blacklist or blame Liverpool fans for ever ... Do you still hold grudges against the Germans for there part in the Holocaust ... Its a tragedy that happened however the most saddening part is how easy it COULD have been prevented ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    put it this way,peoples fathers,brothers,sons were killed by Liverpool fans 20years ago,just cause after 20years of suffering Liverpool make a banner saying "friendship" doesnt mean ppl are instantly going to forget the hate and hurt Liverpools fans had caused them,and believe me had juve fans killed Liverpool fans 20years ago I guarantee you that Liverpools fans' response to Juve at Anfield would be much more violent than Juves fans response to Liverpool at turin.There was one case where a man was hit in the head with a bat the night before the game,he didnt even had to go to hospital and it was very well documented,so Im pretty sure if any significant crowd trouble happended it would be in todays papers.

Liverpool fans also threw bottles back,non of the bottles had caps on them so they werent missiles,no one got hit,and the police instantly stopped it.

I cant believe you think Juve fans were bad last night,under the circumstances i know little clubs in europe that couldve behaved as well as we did.

I agree with you. People here think that exposing a "Friendship" banner would make up for 39 lives? Come on seriously guys, nothing major happen in Turin, and to be honest, even if something had happened, I wouldn't blame Juve's supporters for it! And at least they wouldn't be attacking families or old women (did anybody see the Heysel documentary a few nights ago??? A disgrace!). I will never ever forgive them for it! 20 years or 50 years doesn't make difference!

As for the game we played poorly and congratulations to the Liverpool's squad to do what they had to do. You are through, we aren't...it is part of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cooney island and spaced out, i am glad everyone in the world isnt like yous.

Advertisement