Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket A Motherboard - recommend €100

Options
  • 13-04-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

It looks like my ASUS A7V333-X motherboard fried itself just after it's 2nd Bday. Just added 512Mb of new DDRam last night and got a burning smell.

As a result I am looking for recommendations of a replacement board for less than a €100 incl. delivery.

I have an AMD XP 2700+, 1GB PC2700 Ram, 64MB AGP Graphics card and 120Gb ATA HDD ( would like to go SATA now or later ). Also have good sound card so not necessary for in built.

Would prefer an inbuilt graphics card as back up from AGP one, no need for Firewire but at least 4 USB2 ports.

Use the rig for Football Manager 2005 and usual web surfing etc but nothing else too intensive.

Looked at this Epox Board from Komplett - any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

epox boards arent half bad, i had one before and it was great, im not sure about a socket A board as mine was socket 754, but im sure it would be good, just make sure it has all the features you need

Advertisement