Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broke COD:UO play disk - options?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently finished COD single player and moved right along to COD:UO. Midway through the British missions (great single player campaign so far) I broke the god-damn play disk (disk 1) last night. Why do they make it sooooo difficult to get the disks out of the case? I knew this would happen at some stage.

Anyway, anything I can do to finish the single player? I don't think I need the play disk for multiplayer (don't for COD anyway). Considering I've paid for the bastard, is downloading a No-CD crack legal (assuming one exists)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

you don't need a disk to play UO single player or multiplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why do they make it sooooo difficult to get the disks out of the case

It doesn't happen often but when it choose to strike me it got my Medal of Honour Allied Assault. Broke the 1st disc in half :rolleyes:

Who cares if a crack is legal or not (which it isn't),seeing as you paid for the game and accidently broke it, but having a backup copy of the 1st disc is perfectly legal seeing as you own the original

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yeah, almost broke the disk in twain last night - still in one piece but split from centre to edge :( CyberGhost, will try again tonight but last night the single-player would not load without the play disk. COD:UO Game of the Year Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm pretty sure you do need the CD-ROM to play the UO Single Player mode...

Ionapaul: if I was in your position, I wouldn't hesitate to download a no-CD crack. At the end of the day, you purchased the software! Or if somebody can make a copy of the broken CD, don't hesitate to use it. You have a license to use the software, that the most important thing. ;)

FYI: For those of you who don't know it yet, there is a forum dedicated to CoD/UO (hidden away) under "Hosted" > "Public" :D

And guys,

To avoid braking these CDs, lay the box on a flat surface and press hard on the center of the case (on the plastic round bit that sticks out and that holds the CDs into place). Then, gently lift the CD from the edge!

The harder you press on the plastic bit in the middle, the easier it is to get the CD out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Have a look in the manual (i don't own the game).

Some distributors let you send in the old or broken disks and have them replaced for new ones. For some reason this tends to be the "White Lable" type distributors.
    If not then give them a ring anyway they might have an unofficial policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

:) I was pressing the middle bit with all the strength of Donkey Kong and attempted to lift out the CD with all the dexterity of a young Mario, but it wasn't budging! I've never EVER had a case as troublesome as the COD:UO one.

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum - anyone want to move / kill this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

There are some of the cases now where , no matter how careful you are , it's almost impossible to get the disk out of it . And this is probably the right forum as it is general game help you are looking for and not COD specific .

ionapaul wrote:
    :) I was pressing the middle bit with all the strength of Donkey Kong and attempted to lift out the CD with all the dexterity of a young Mario, but it wasn't budging! I've never EVER had a case as troublesome as the COD:UO one.
    That made me laugh :D Thanks!
    ionapaul wrote:
    Sorry for posting in the wrong forum - anyone want to move / kill this thread?
    Jonski's right, it is not the "wrong forum", I was just letting CoD/UO fans know that a Call of Duty forum existed on boards.ie and I was giving them the secret path to it... (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

send it back to the publisher and tell them it cracked in your disc drive, ea got into trouble around the time bf1942 came out cos they started using cheap discs that tended to explode in 52 speed drives.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement