Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gallas makes himself available for transfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

He's fodder to Chelsea anyway. Easily replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    He's fodder to Chelsea anyway. Easily replaced.

not according to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

he's a top quality centre back , and is obviously not happy at left back for some time, not sure how happy he would be sitting there waiting for Carvalho or terry to get injured either though, and it's hard to get either of them out of the current starting line up and with competition from Huth also.

Be a shame to see him leave but it does seem likely, Jose won't be too happy with him going public on this i'd say.

Yes but according to this

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yes but according to this

lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hopefully Shepherd will get the cheque book out and Newcastle can sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

why would he want to go to newcastle. Its too cold up there lol. I hope liverpool go after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

gallas is a very good centre back and he would be a big loss. i rate him alot higher than carvaliho, who can be very unpredictable. he also has the amazing ability to jump for a header and misjudge it completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If he is sold i would expect Arsenal Utd Real and Barca all to be the hunt for him.

Hes that good he would get a game at any of them as centre back.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Liverpool please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Carvalho isn't great in the air, but everywhere else he is an absolutely amazign CB, the best in the world imo, and Mourinho's too btw, and will be next season the CB pairing with Terry.

I think Chelsea will lose a few playesr this summer,
    Huth
    Cuddicini
    Gallas
    Bridge(if Cole is signed), can't seem him happy
    Parker
    Gudjohnson/Kezman/Drogba if Adriano/Torres/whoever is bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Agree with you on most of those PHB, but I would have to say Gudjohnsenn will stay, as he is currently playing more of a centre midfield/offensive midfield position and is looking very good there too IMO.

Cuddicini is definitely going to go, He won't stand for carling cup only IMO.

Parker, it's a crying shame that he is getting no games with chelsea, He will move on I think.

Morinhio will never sell Drogba this summer and Drogba wouldn't want to go.

Yeah, I just think they can't have five forwards when they play a 4-3-2-1 formation :) One will have to go I think, especially when they buy another winger to provide coevr for Duff and Robben

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

i'd love to see him (Gallas) at Juventus. They're desperately short of centre-backs, and his ability to cover either full-back position would be a major asset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Liverpool should offer Gerrard for Duff + Gallas + Cudidcini + 15 Million

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Duff + Gallas + Cudidcini + Parker....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

and his ability to cover either full-back position would be a major asset.

I doubt he'd join them if they mentioned that to him?

Emmo wrote:

Emmo

askin for a lot there mate.

I'd love to see Wenger get him.Him and Campbell would go well with toure as backup seeing as campbell gets injured quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Emmo wrote:

Emmo

Tbh if they did a swap and got any 2 of those and no money, it could quite possibly be the best transfer ever.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Duff + Gallas + Cudidcini + Parker....
    not asking for much there... are we jesus...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gangsta wrote:
    I doubt he'd join them if they mentioned that to him?

I won't if you don't :D

• Advertisement

Duff won't join liverpool since
    A. If they aren't in teh CL, a player of his quality has no intention of going to a side 'on the up'
    B. I'm quite sure he is a United fan as a kid, or maybe it was Liverpool, anyone remember?

I think Gerrard for Gallas, Cuddicini and Parker would be an outstanding deal, or maybe instead of Parker, get Tiago? Or even one of the strikers, like Gudjohnson or Kezman.

Gallas is prolly worth around 10 million
    Cuddicini has to be worth at least 10 mill.
    And Kezman/Gudjohhnson would be only worth 10 mill since Chelsea are selling and people would bid less.
    So you are getting roughly 30 mill worth of players there for an alledged 30 million pound player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

PHB wrote:
    B. I'm quite sure he is a United fan as a kid, or maybe it was Liverpool, anyone remember?

Utd fan....wanted to join them before Chelsea and thats why it took so long for transfer to go through to Chelsea because he was wiating to see if Utd would match the bid.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

he can come join arsenal anytime he wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

KdjaC wrote:
    Tbh if they did a swap and got any 2 of those and no money, it could quite possibly be the best transfer ever.

kdjac

for liverpool or chelsea?
    not asking for much there... are we jesus...
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I think Steven Gerrard is a decent player but Sky Sports and the British TV have him hyped up way too much which is what they do to sell their product and generally maintain the English attitude. WC 1966 anyone ?

Something similar was the way they went on about Beckham. Real Madrid! that wasn't too smart David, was it ? then again nobody never bought the theory he was smart anyway. The only player in the EPL Chelsea could possibly want is Henry.

If Gerrard went to Chelsea he would get quickly rumbled for being not much more than average compared to his new peers.

He should stay at Liverpool and at least look good surrounded by the incumbent duds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Pal wrote:
    The only player in the EPL Chelsea could possibly want is Henry.

I think given the chance they would grab Ruud - that would be the final piece, a proven goalscorer.
    Sol Campbell and Heinze also would be on their list

PHB wrote:
    Gallas is prolly worth around 10 million
    Cuddicini has to be worth at least 10 mill.
    And Kezman/Gudjohhnson would be only worth 10 mill since Chelsea are selling and people would bid less.
    So you are getting roughly 30 mill worth of players there for an alledged 30 million pound player

Gallas is easily worth that, if not more (will probably go to an guarenteed champions league side if he goes.)

Cuddicini is 32, so no one will pay 10 million for him.

Kezman was only 5.5million when chelsea bought him in the summer.

How would you pay all the wages?

You're talking about £200,000 a week for those three players.

I doubt it will happen, is all I'm saying

TheMonster wrote:
    I think given the chance they would grab Ruud - that would be the final piece, a proven goalscorer.
    Sol Campbell and Heinze also would be on their list

HEINZE !!!!!!!

you're kidding.

I reckon he wouldn't make Chelsea reserves FFS

The Arsenal full back Cole ok but Heinze !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Has been best LB in premiership - wait until the players team is announced. He is a little hard done by not to be in the 6 nominees for Player of they year.

• Advertisement

maybe

cyber pint says he gets diddly

evilhomer wrote:
    Parker, it's a crying shame that he is getting no games with chelsea, He will move on I think.

He was starting to get some regular football til he broke his foot. Hasn't recovered since.

He's my hero, best centre mid in England on his day. (Cue Laughter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

take the piss out of him? What planet are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yup! It was a very solid display from him as usual!

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Yes IMO Cafu, 35 yr old right back, made a holy show of Heinze.

I think that Heinze is a very good left back for manchester united.
    he has been solid all season for them which is proven by the fact that the only team that has conceded less goals then Man utd in the premiership is Chelsea.

Cafu is probably the best right back ever!
    thats like saying if Schevchenko scored a hat-trick against Chelsea that john Terry is crap.

Sometimes you have a legendary player who makes bits of everyone they play.

you can't say having a poor performance against a legend makes you a rubbish player.

What part of the match did he take the piss out of Heinze at? Heinze was one of the only player's who preformed well in that match, and Cafu doing well isn't Heinze's fault, its the wingers. gss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Pal wrote:
    The only player in the EPL Chelsea could possibly want is Henry.
    Are you smemon in disguise?

There's very little to seperate Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd at the moment. Chelsea have been better managed and have probably had the better run of luck re: injuries this season. There's loads of players they'd take from the other premiership sides.

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Good point, well made.

Basically i think Heinze is about as good as G Neville who i think is OK but nothing more.

I would have to say that Heinze is a better full back then Neville he is much better in the tackle and isn't afraid to get involved in the rough stuff in the premiership.

for his first season, he has been outstanding.
    He is not an attacking fullback as much as Cafu or Roberto Carlos for example, thats why he doesn't make the headlines as much I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Chelsea have been better managed and have probably had the better run of luck re: injuries this season. .

Robben has been injured for ages and for most of the key champions league games, Duff was out with his shoulder, Scott Parker and Wayne Bridge are also crocked, Carvalho was out for ages with a broken toe.

Ok we had a big enough squad to cover these injuries but it was far from lucky year for injuries at Chelsea.

and I don't think Heinze is that bad.

Chelsea didn't get an injury to their big two, Terry and Makelele.
    You can compare them to Vieira and Campbell in Arsenal.
    And Rio and Keano in United.

Arsenal have been worst hit in those areas, then United, and if I'm not mistaken Terry and Makelele have played every single game.

In those 3 teams, those players control the game, and when they are missing, each side goes down a level or two.

On the topic of full backs. I'd agree re: Heinze - very impresssed with him this season. Never rated Neville. Ever. To be fair it's been rare enough he's been shown up but still, never understood how he's a pro footballer TBH!

Interesting that the Liverpool Echo was trying to draw positives from the season and said that there was a core of a worldclass team there. Naming Carragher, Alonso, Morientes and Finnan! I rate Finnan, but worldclass? Not convinced. Better than Neville though for my money. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

uberwolf wrote:
    On the topic of full backs. I'd agree re: Heinze - very impresssed with him this season. Never rated Neville. Ever. To be fair it's been rare enough he's been shown up but still, never understood how he's a pro footballer TBH!

Interesting that the Liverpool Echo was trying to draw positives from the season and said that there was a core of a worldclass team there. Naming Carragher, Alonso, Morientes and Finnan! I rate Finnan, but worldclass? Not convinced. Better than Neville though for my money. ?

no mention of gerrard?
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

There's very little to seperate Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd at the moment. .

err

no...

unless a gulf counts as very little

Chelsea have one weakness. one full back.

Johnson doesn't cut it.

they need to replace him.

Cole would be ideal.

That leaves only one player in all other positions in all the other clubs good enough to oust a Chelsea incumbent. He is Thierry Henry. there is nobody else in the PL good enough to play for Chelsea.

any other suggestions simply don't fly.

eg
    Heinze is better than Gallas. :D
    The Horse is better than Drogba. :D

eyerer wrote:
    no mention of gerrard?
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

this was conceivably seekig to draw positives from what had been looking like the probability of him moving on. That even if he did go...

• Advertisement
Advertisement