Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International management dilemma

Options
  • 13-04-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Thought I'd bring this up cos it was an interesting quirk/glitch in FM 2005

Having managed Portugal for a few years, and got them to the semis of the World Cup, they let me go and I was snapped up by Serbia and Montenegro. Who have a national pool of only about 30 players (I'm using a low database version of the game). Now injuries and so forth left me with a total of 19 players to choose from for a squad for a friendly against Holland. But as you have to have a minimum of 22 players, I was screwed. I know that if I was to actually 'play' the friendly, loads of grey players would appear in the squad- but as you cant willingly select them, the only option the game left me with was to resign from my post.

The week after, they begged me to reconsider my resignation, and I took over again, no doubt set to encounter similar problems in the future...

ah well...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

This is a familiar problem. They haven't fixed it obviously because I had this same problem with the Irish Republic squad back in Championship Manager 01/02.

The only way around it was the same as what you had to do - resign. Only I think they gave the job to some other guy after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

When you start a game in FM2005, you can include all players from a specific country, so this shouldn't happen if you manage an international team from the beginning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

abccormac wrote:
    When you start a game in FM2005, you can include all players from a specific country, so this shouldn't happen if you manage an international team from the beginning

Had the same problem when i was manager of Ireland. I went on holiday for one game and that did the trick. But im not sure if it will work for you.

Advertisement