Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Poker Classic" - any good?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I see that there's a sponsored Poker Classic in the Midleton Park Hotel in Cork on the 29th April. Can anyone who's ever been to a Poker Classic tell me if they're any good?

I expect disorganised chaos, very basic poker (5 in the hole, no board), a bunch of scobes trying to bluff 72o, and a book token for the winner.

Am I being too critical? I'm fairly new to the scene, but would consider myself a fairly good, if somewhat unknowledgeable, player.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Not too much in the way of details, but this looks like a standard 5-card draw "classic" to me. These are generally run with six or seven to a table, with the winner at each table progressing to the next 'round', usually the final. Usually everyone at the final gets something back, with most of the money going to the winner. And if it is 5-card draw, then expect the standard to be fairly good... it'll probably be filled with older players with plenty of experience.

Advertisement