Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayak Rental in Ireland?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Can you JUST rent a kayak for the day/couple of hours in Dublin? I have seen class listings, I just want to rent 2 for a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Is this for sea kayaking or um, inland? (if that's what its called)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

It would be inland or river. I don't want to do rapids or anything just want to play around for a few hours on a lake or river.

Well Tiglin do courses, but I don't know of a place you can just hire a kayak. There is a watersports center on the blessington lakes but I can't find a link for it, that's on a bus route from the city centre though so it should suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

The 65 goes out to Blessington, Takes about an hour. The lakeside centre is to the south of the town, and about a mile east of the N81. Dont know if they have a website, google might help ye...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

The centre has moved to a different part of the lake now, not sure where exactly but not the Blesso area anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

I get this question alot and there is very few places that you can just rent a kayak for a couple of hours. Shops that sell kayaks normaly have one or two demo boats you can take away for a couple of days but these are mostly new playboats.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cjohnson

You can rent a kayak from Wind and Wave at Salthill/Seapoint in South Dublin, but only for a few hours. I've been looking for somewhere to rent by the day or week but no joy. Anyone have any new ideas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do you have kayaking experience?

Most places will bring you out but with out experience or assessments I think they are prob risking alot renting kayaks out to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Total Experience are the Blessington based kayak and adventure guys. Their number is 086 8724894. They may do rentals.

Dunno how that got through :confused:, anyway Kayakingtours now banned from the forum.

If they other operators can respect the rules, there's no reason why they shouldn't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Give Avon ri a call 045-900670 look for activities they will sort you out on the Blessington lakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok well as someone who is in no way affiliated with "Wicklow Adventure Tours", I'm going to recommend them.

http://www.irelandholidaypark.com/tours.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kayakboy

The original post is from April 2005!!!
    Why is anyone even reading this let alone replying?

They get picked up by the search engines. The reason this particular thread has resurfaced is because somebody found it through a search engine and decided to get some free advertising.

Advertisement