Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essays!!!!!

• 13-04-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

I don't really mind writing essays that much....it's this typing that does my f**king head in!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ah ya get used to it, just stick with it. Once you get good at it it's a hell of a lot faster than writing.

There are typing courses around if you find you're not getting good at it as quick as you like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I fecking hate some essays too though. Fecking sociology. Non-subject subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

I think I'll give the typing course a miss....I have managed four years of essays so I will plod along with my slow, slow typing...maybe it appears to be going slower than normal cause this is my last EVER essay in college!!! Yay...no more essays....EVER!!!!!!!

You're not in the GMB by any chance are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

No...why...is there someone typing REALLY slowly in the GMB too....great I'm not alone! I tried to locate that computer room in the GMB but think I ended up in campus rooms or something!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

your after spending 4 yrs in university and still are slow at typing! give up now man! or hire someone to do it for you ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Scruff101 wrote:
    this is my last EVER essay in college!!! Yay...no more essays....EVER!!!!!!!

Remember that same optimistic feeling when finishing up the undergrad! of course, then you get out into the real world and realise that typing essays etc is far, far more enjoyable than 9-5 work. That's why they invented PhDs! [editors note: there may be other reasons for PhDs other than work-avoidance]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

if i did a PhD i would make sure that everyone called me DR, Even at home. "pass the salt doctor!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

if i did a PhD i would make sure that everyone called me DR, Even at home. "pass the salt doctor!"

All too soon, all too soon.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

DrIndy wrote:
    All too soon, all too soon.......

anyone else a little scared at the prospect of indy being a real, actual doctor? it's a little perturbing looking at all the med and nursing students partying and drinking, and thinking they hold the future health of our nation in their frequently hungover hands...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man if he tells me to bend over and cough i'm ****ing running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

crash_000 wrote:
    Man if he tells me to bend over and cough i'm ****ing running.

Thats an urban myth.

If someone has a hernia its important to distinguish it from any other swellings in the groin, so you ask them to cough and you can feel an impulse carried through the bowel in the hernia. this distiguishes it from any scrotal swelling.

The reason you are asked to turn your head is so you don't cough and splutter in the poor doctors face who is examining you. ;)

Why do they pinch ur scrotum before they cart you into theatre to get your appendix removed? And if this is standard practice, wtf do they do to girls gettin their appendix out?

Staying sufficiently offtopic..

My scariest moment in hospital was while they were about to put me under for a shoulder operation, one of the last things I remember was the surgeon asking me was: "now which shoulder is it?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

You're not in the GMB by any chance are you?
    If you asked that because you saw somebody looking at boards then it was probably me you saw.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me waves across to GMB

great, i look Nuts

/me waves across to GMB

great, i look Nuts

Still drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Well, he definitely was leaving my place this morning!

Y'know what are great? Courses with no essays! :D
    /me looks smug

If that's a reference to Science/Engineering that's one for the books.

Is it a hangover if you really can't get yourself out of bed until half three when you have an essay due tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Essays are great when you fill them with bad points veiled by a giant blanket of sarcasm and delicious, inapropriate adjectives :P

If that's a reference to Science/Engineering that's one for the books.

How so? :rolleyes:

Tbh, I prefer the constant classes to having essays all the time... (maybe...)

Engineering btw. :D

• Advertisement

Meh.. lab reports are similarly time consuming. I have two to do this weekend.. Coincidence Method and Gamma-ray spectroscopy. Weeeehoooo (never gonna get them both done!). Each worth about 4.5% of my end of year grade..

Bastids

Are you a fresher? The number of write ups in SF is soooo much better :D

Jim_No.6 wrote:
    Are you a fresher?
    Nay.. JS physics student.

EDIT: btw check out the who's who thread when you can. Post in it if you want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He's a friends of mine from engineering Dec. SF. He's abit of a noob to this internet thing.

kewla boola

More than welcome Jim :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Jims the man, i crashed at His after the Soc of the Year Awards....

Boston wrote:
    He's a friends of mine from engineering Dec. SF. He's abit of a noob to this internet thing.

:eek: Horror! I'm so getting you modded for that!

See, I'm not a noob at all![/noob]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You can't get me modded, your not on first name basis with all the moderators and admins yet.

Ah, but maybe I know someone who knows someone who does..! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

o shup

Advertisement