Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 and CSS resemblance?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

is it me or do those 2 games really look alike?

I watched a Danish demo yesterday, where soldiers run, and the way soldiers look and move, looks very much like CSS

I was wondering if they have the same engine or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heh, I very much doubt they are using the Source engine.

Although game engines seem to be moving in the same direction, so its likely they look a move similarly. Tbh, HL and the Source engine are much more stable and solid then any of the BF engines, so thats probably why they are going for a more Source look and feel.

Tbh I always thought that BF was a little too rough and CS was too smooth. So somewhere inbetween would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

do they both use the Havok physics engine? that would explain it..............

I'm not sure i'd call the source engine stable, but i suppose tis solid, but its not designed for enviroments half as big as BF, so its an entirely different kettle of fish.(and one also the gaming industry has much more experence with..)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

They don't look alike at all to me tbh and having the same physics engine wouldn't affect how it looks.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Burn The Heretic, Cleanse The Mutant, Kill The Traitor

BloodBath wrote:
    They don't look alike at all to me tbh and having the same physics engine wouldn't affect how it looks.

BloodBath
    by look i believe he ment how the feel/play, how the players run and so on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also, hopefully its NOTHING like HL2's engine.

Will somebody PLEASE think of the ping! Compare a 50 player BF42 server, to a 20 player HL2 server. I'd say the BF42 server would be easier to play on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Actually I read in the source SDK that it is possible to replicate BF in the source engine. Its much better at handling large enviroments than the previous engine, just look at the bit in HL2 with the massive bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anima wrote:
    Actually I read in the source SDK that it is possible to replicate BF in the source engine. Its much better at handling large enviroments than the previous engine, just look at the bit in HL2 with the massive bridge.
    That bit was lagtastic for me though.

by look i believe he ment how the feel/play, how the players run and so on...

...because you have played the game and know how it feels/handles?

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    ...because you have played the game and know how it feels/handles?

BloodBath
    if you bothered to read the rest of them, you would notice how players run and so on was mention'd by looking at how the game appears to other people's first person views one can get a reasonable idea of how it reacts

• Advertisement

Well the crosshairs look very cs. If the troop combat handles like source it will be a massive improvement over 1942/DC. Hopefully it's even better.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

The source engine online has proven to be scheisse so hopefully its not like it tbh

Advertisement