Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Seat Leon

Options
  • 13-04-2005 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭

Take a look at these photos of the new Leon. The production version is suppost to stay very true to this concept.

Looks nice and looks alot better than what they have done to the Toledo imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

bazz26 wrote:
    Take a look at these photos of the new Leon. The production version is suppost to stay very true to this concept.

Looks nice and looks alot better than what they have done to the Toledo imo.

Hmmm. Looks nice, but very similar to the Toledo/Altea look. Walter da Silva is wasted at Seat. Either that or he was well stoned when he did the 156, and decided afterwards that it would be his only flash of genius. Everything he's done since has looked like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

no no no, what is with designers in the last few years. They've destroyed the Focus and now are having a go at the Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I argree with ando but i do like the new leon, nothing wrong with the current one tho

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Have you got a link to that webby? Am a big Seat fan - love the current leon but thought that all the new Seats look so similar now - pitty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It came from the Autoexpress website at http://www.autoexpress.co.uk.

Just a small article about it and two photos. It was also in last weeks issue of their magazine which is sold here.

Try seaching Google too, I'm sure there are more photos about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

The magazine "Car" also has a short article with a few photo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

As an owner of two Leons I think its much better than the current one, and i love the current design so much also, I think Desilva has done his best work at seat he's a total genuis.... I'll be getting the FR 170 bhp TDI in January. There will be a 250 bhp version of the 2.0T (cupra) out in 18 months don't think i can wait that long to change.. OH the wait..

http://www.seatcupra.net/newleon_prebarcelona_190405.htm

I'll be getting the FR 170 bhp TDI in January

oh I'd say she'd go alright!

I didnt know they were going to do a 170BHP version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

well I tested a audi quattro 180 bhp 2.5TDi a while ago , this thing went like a snot, so I can just imagine with two less wheels to power what the next FR is going to be like. cant wait 30 - 70 figures of 3.2 seconds, **** hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

whats its expected price range ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would expect it to be priced in between the price of the Octavia and Golf on which it is based. Say around €500 more than the current model if it wants to compete.

Sharing the same platform as the A3, Octavia and Golf I think it is the best looking of the bunch. It offers something different in this company especially the predictable looking Golf. If they can keep the price down then I think they could be on to a good thing here.

By the way I like the new Seat designs except for the rear of the new Toledo. I don't think making it into a kind of MPV with a boot is a good idea and I havn't seen too many on the road, plus the Altea serves the same purpose. It reminds me of what Renault tried to do with the Avantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Don't get me wrong, this is a lovley car!
    But... it kinda looks like a bus!

It reminds me of the new shape Honda Civic, which looks like a mini van! :mad:

AlienGav wrote:
    It reminds me of the new shape Honda Civic, which looks like a mini van! :mad:

yea it aint pretty is it! I guess in time it may grow on me, but for now its in my ugly books, together with the new Leon and Focus

Honda-Civic-003.jpg

Advertisement