Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIS Excalibur X800 XL ICEQII TURBO Noise

Options
  • 13-04-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have the gfx card mentioned in the title?
    I'm wondering how quiet the cooler is on it (arctic cooler)?
    I got one but dont think its quiet at all, i there's a constant buzzing noise coming from the fan (no mather what rpm its at).
    It's easily the noisiest part in my pc now. I used to have a 9800pro (died) with a arctic cooler on it and it was more or less silent even at higher fan speed.
    Someone able to confirm that mine is like all others or faulty.

Jozi

EDIT: just remembered still have the 9800pro's arctic cooler, should i try fit its fan to that of my gfx cards one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I think Custom PC mag said the same thing about that graphics card - it's not "silent".

AFAIK a 9800 Arctic Cooler will not fit an X800.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm going to look at swapping the fan over later i think, so much for buying a gfx card that should have been quiet (causse of the cooler) or so i taught.
    Let you's know how it works out.
    1 question, do the new arctic coolers have the high/low switch like the one for my 9800pro? and will there be any problems related to the switch and power for the fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

The cooler on the x800xl is a lot bigger than the one for the 9800pro!
    Was going to swap fans but the whole cooling unit is much bigger

Advertisement