Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Originally Posted by Rossonero
    Actually, the thought of being in the middle of a heavy gun battle, strangely makes me feel excited about the whole thing.
    Originally Posted by Former FFL
    Yes, I killed people in acts of war but I stand by those deaths and honour the people I killed every single day

For me these two quotes say it all!:eek: Both of them sound like bad lines from the movies so beloved by the OP.

I'd love to know how Former FFL honours the people he killed... a prayer perhaps?:rolleyes:

For the OP: do you know how your family would react to you joining any army? My own boys know, even at their young ages, that if they join an armed force they won't be coming home to a fond, delighted and proud mother. To join a force, for whatever reason, knowing that joining means that they intend to kill another human being for whatever reason is a big no-no for me. I could forgive a crime of passion but to be murderer in cold blood, no way. Are you sure you're not titilated by the sexual arousal you think you may feel in the midst of a heavy gun battle... you used the phrase 'strangely makes me feel excited'. I'm sure Ted Bundy and others like him felt the same way.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement