Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

semiconductor devices

• 13-04-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I am writing up a brief report on semiconductor devices. I'd appriciate it if anyone could let me know of a few basic uses/applications of any of the following devices.

Nnijunction transistor
    SCR
    Power MOSFET
    Schottky Diode
    IGBT

Thanks a lot
    Glenman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Glenman wrote:
    Hello all,
    I am writing up a brief report on semiconductor devices. I'd appriciate it if anyone could let me know of a few basic uses/applications of any of the following devices.

No offence intended, but if you are clever enough to figure out how to post to boards.ie then you should be clever enough to figure out how to use a search engine. I believe there is quite a good one called google which helps you find out interesting things like what to use a silicon controlled rectifier for.

Maybe you should do some of the heavy lifting yourself, then ask for help with anything you can't find?

Edit: You may have trouble finding anything about nnijunction devices though - is this a typo? Do you mean a unijunction device?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If even google is too much work http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks, that site "google" is something else isn't it!
    Glenman

Advertisement