Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Silence Vs Day of Truth

Options
  • 13-04-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Via Metafilter:
    On April 13th thousands of students will don black-and-red t-shirts and remain quiet for the ninth Day of Silence in order to "recognize and protest the discrimination and harassment--in effect, the silencing--experienced by LGBT students and their allies."

But this year the Alliance Defense Fund , "a legal alliance defending the right to hear and speak the Truth through strategy, training, funding, and litigation," plans to add a twist to the occasion by following up with its so called Day of Truth in order to protest the homosexual agenda and promote their interpretation of Christianity.

Though in their "Hostile Questions" section they claim they're not Day of Silence copycats, in addition to the silent treatment like their DoS foes students who register will receive t-shirts and explanation cards to distribute to inquiring minds, albeit with a slightly altered message.

Don't you love these people ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

It sickens me that so many groups like this exist and that they're so vocal! I'd like them to feel what it's like to be in a minority group. They have no logical reason to hate us, they're the heterosexual majority, what have we ever done to them. I know people call it homophobia, but a phobia is a fear of something. These people are bullies and thugs, if not with their fists then with their words and actions.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to let off some steam. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

EW EW EW EW.

(I could try being coherent but what's the point?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I don't see the problem

well I do

but aren' they just exercising the same rights as the others?

There msg makes little sense to me, but some, as in there is an argument where you can see homosexuality as wrong.

I would not like these people, and the influence they may have on people lacking the ability to think things through completely, but the response is to have the other voice, the other view, the other possibilities broadcast as successfully

what i do find strange is xian campaigning on sexuality which jesus didnt give a tss about (pardon the pun) but so much less effort into social justice etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm always annoyed when I hear the phrase "homosexual agenda".

Why have I never been invited to the meetings?
    Why wasn't I mailed my copy of this agenda!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Zillah wrote:
    I'm always annoyed when I hear the phrase "homosexual agenda".

Why have I never been invited to the meetings?
    Why wasn't I mailed my copy of this agenda!?

What do you mean you didn't receive the agenda? All you need to do is pick up any Childs book or newspaper and it's plain to see.

PS Damien, I signed up four more people the other day, @ 10 euro PP, that makes it 40 euro before taxes, I'd appreciate if you could get onto high command about that for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

No problem Boston, I rang the King Queen on the golden slipper phone and let him know. He says your fabulous. Just remember it's not a pyramid scheme it's a triangular multi-level marketing campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It sickens me that so many groups like this exist and that they're so vocal! I'd like them to feel what it's like to be in a minority group. They have no logical reason to hate us, they're the heterosexual majority, what have we ever done to them. I know people call it homophobia, but a phobia is a fear of something. These people are bullies and thugs, if not with their fists then with their words and actions.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to let off some steam. :mad:

Aye, but I wouldn't call them the heterosexual majority. I am a member of the heterosexual majority, like it matters a flying fúck to be honest.
    They're right-wing Christian nutters. They are to be pitied and pilloried.
    In Irish universities they'd be very much a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I must do something to my Homosexual Agenda website when I have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I'd like them to feel what it's like to be in a minority group.

I'd like to think these folks are in a special minority all of their own. They just don't realise it yet! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

damien.m wrote:

Lol, give daily updates :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

damien.m wrote:
    No problem Boston, I rang the King Queen on the golden slipper phone and let him know. He says your fabulous. Just remember it's not a pyramid scheme it's a triangular multi-level marketing campaign.
    Heh. I'm putting that in my sig :)
    MicraBoy wrote:
    I'd like to think these folks are in a special minority all of their own.
    Minorities have a habit of shouting out, trying to get the rest of the world to listen to "their" point.
    damien.m wrote:
    Nice site. You should make it like this, tbh :cool:

Advertisement