Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping old bike

Options
  • 13-04-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭

Last week the rear hub on a friend's crappy bike collapsed. He took the opportunity to buy a new commuting bike.

I'm a fan of reuse/recycle so I am wondering if the remainder of the bike can be put to good use. It's a low-end bike, steel frame, no suspension, mountain bike with click-shifting (on hand grips). I have no use for any of the parts.

Should I just pay the 6 euro dumping fee at the nearby county council recycling centre?

Or dump it along the Royal Canal bank like the motorbike I saw this morning near Broombridge (Cabra, Dublin 7, well known by Maynooth train users). ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭abbey

I had my bike stolen on sat, need to get my hands on a bike to tide me over until I buy a new one. Any chance you would sell me the bike you have mentioned in ur post?

Advertisement