Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new insurance quote and points

Options
  • 13-04-2005 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I got 2 points on my license at the start of the year and just got a quote for my insurance which i was suprised to see was so low. Do I need to inform the insurer that I've two points, it says noting about points on the insurance letter do they have access to this info or am I suppose to inform them. The letter gives a load of info on what i have to inform them bout but nothing bout points.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

If they don't ask, then don't mention anything

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Read the whole policy document and not just general information letters or reminders.

Most policies contain wording, which requires that you inform your insurer / broker of any change in circumstances to those which you declared when completing the proposal form. The proposal frorm is a legally binding document.

So, check all the wordings of correspondence you have received since you first took out the policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

nothing ive ever got from them says anything about declaring if i have points, says i need to tell them if i move or change jobs etc but nothing bout points. I was worried my insurance would go up but my new quote is even lower than i hoped to have without points, maby they feel bad for raping me over the last 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'd think they'd have system to inform the insurance company. Anyways if there is any, repeat ANY change in cirumstances you are required to inform the insurer, if you dont and something happens and it comes to light you have points then your policy will be rendered null and void. To make you feel better a few companies allow 2 points without punishment.

Mike.

Advertisement